Thread: Xbox 360 NAT is Strict

Xbox 360 NAT is Strict

While working around i came to know that Xbox's NAT is set to Strict. I was wondering to connect to anyone's games and also to host games and other people can see and connect me. But as my NAT is strict i am lack of doing all this things. How can i change to another type of NAT ? Please help.

Re: Xbox 360 NAT is Strict

NAT, or Network Address Translation, is a networking concept that, in part, allows your router to share a single IP address across multiple devices. Instead of your ISP assigning you an IP address for every single device that you want to use to connect to the Internet, NAT provides your ISP a more efficient way to assign a single IP address to your router. Your router will then generate its own set of IP addresses, which it will manage.

• To change your to Open NAT, first of all make sure that UPnP is enabled. This stands for Universal Plug and Play.UPnP is a standard that can help routers communicate effectively together (and may eliminate the need to try the following steps). If your router supports this setting, then you should enable this setting to see if it helps.Enable port forwarding on your router.

• Open the ports 88 and 3074, so they can be accessed from the internet. This function is usually named “firewall”.This will make sure you router has all ports open when connecting to Xbox 360 live so that you get an OPEN NAT.

• Forward ports 88 and 3074 to the private IP of the XBOX. This function is usually called “NAT”.

With the XBOX 360, Microsoft have defined three categories of NAT. These are Strict, Moderate and Open.Open means that you router has optimal settings, and you should not run into any of the issues described in this article.Moderate means that you can talk to other players who have open or moderate NAT issues, but you cannot talk or play with users who have strict NAT issues. And Strict means that you can talk only to other players, but you cannot talk to players who have moderate or strict NAT issues.

If you have multiple devices connecting through your router, such as an additional Xbox 360 console, a second router, a computer, a laptop, etc., try removing these devices so that only your Xbox 360 is connected. If this method provides you with an open NAT, this indicates that your router has compatibility issues handling multiple devices.In the network control panel on your PC if you go to the TCP/IP properties then you will see if you have a static IP or Automatically Configured.

The first thing to try is port forwarding for your XBOX 360, which can be done in the router’s administration pannel. If you have multiple devices connecting through your router, such as an additional Xbox 360 console, a second router, a computer, a laptop, etc., try removing these devices so that only your Xbox 360 is connected. When you enter into your router config window, you need to find the Tab DMZ, it should be under applications and gaming if you are using Linksys. Once you find the DMZ tab, click enable and type in the last digits of your XBOX into the box.If you are trying to connect to Xbox LIVE when you are on a college or corporate network, you will have to ask your network administrator to open the ports.

Where do you find your console's ID thing please?