Thread: What next after level 20 in fallout 3

What next after level 20 in fallout 3

I am playing the fallout 3 game for very long period of time, The map in this game is huge and i somehow manage to reach to level 20. I guess that's why I get experience points where I discover a new area just as some pathetic encouragement to wander about in this game. I mean, there is only so much pleasure in running around for hours. I know there are mods and workarounds out there, but Bethesda should've known better, is all I'm saying. what your suggestion guys

Re: What next after level 20 in fallout 3

Bethesda modified the original level up system from Fallout 1+2, they needed to put the level 20 cap so that you cannot become a "jack of all trades". You should want to build your character a certain way, that's part of the fun, but you really don't have to you should be fine with whatever skills you choose although taking your time to think about it might make certain things easier.

Books and Bobbleheads can increase your stats. Yes after level 20 you don't earn anymore XP. When you complete a quest or kill a mob you won't see any credit for XP. You won't get anymore perks either, as you need to level to get perks. Try turning up the difficulty and of course roam around. Try to find as many named items as possible. For stats, I only increased a few to high levels, like Big guns, small guns, laser weapons, repair, lockpick, and science. All the others are very low, except medicince which is in the middle.

I have been level 20 for about 3 weeks now, and at the time, I figured the game was about finished. Lol to my surprise, the game is only about 1/4 done when most people get to level 20, On my second run, I'm using a pacing mod to reduce the amount of XP I get, and that's doing a better job. The cap is not the problem, it's how quickly you reach it. The ideal solution is probably a mix of both less XP and a higher cap, with maybe a third fewer skill points per level for good measure.