Thread: Uninstallation problem with the Prince of Persia Warrior Demo on windows xp

Uninstallation problem with the Prince of Persia Warrior Demo on windows xp

I have downloaded the Prince of Persia from the internet, but finally found that it was just a demo version, so I am trying to uninstall demo of Prince of Persia, Warrior Within on my Windows XP. A little window popped up with an ominous red X in the left hand corner, and he forward me the following message.

SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (445)
    PAPP : Prince of Persia Warrior Within- Demo
    PVENDOR : UBISOFT
    PGUID:C6B7E731-A9E1-4AEC-A1E7-2E63646647FE
    @Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 360.0

How do i remove this demo version from my computer.

Re: Uninstallation problem with the Prince of Persia Warrior Demo on windows xp

You may try running the uninstall in safe mode. It COULD be that something is interfering. I don't understand why you would need the net to uninstall pop. You may also try going to support.ubi.com and asking them about manually removing popww. I couldn't find anything on the net related to it.

Try re-installing the game and then removing it the correct way. Be sure to re-install into the same folder as before. and then you may delete all the folders on your system related to the game such as from program files and all.

Use the Task Manager to close processes and go to your Network Connections, right-click the Network Connection that you use and click Repair and retry installing. If the game won't install because you get CRC or Component Transfer Errors then you can try copying the contents of the CDs to separate folders on your HD and running the installer from there. When it asks for the next CD during installation just point the installer at the location of the folder for the next disc.