Thread: Reset Wii Parental Control Password

Reset Wii Parental Control Password

Can i reset wii parental control code pin ? Is it possible ? if yes can some one give me details on how to do it ? i need one .
    Thanks for the reply

Re: Wii Parental Control Password Reset

On the pin entry screen, select "I forgot", and on the secret question screen again "I forgot " Retrieve "confirmation number" Now call Nintendo tech support 1-800-255-3700.

The reset code will be the output of an unpublished algorithm, or you will find a unique id in the Wii. If the engineering Reverseit would be needed to determine this when the necessary technical details are unavailable.

You can go to : http://wii.marcansoft.com/parental.psp. This will allow the reset instead of waiting for a lackadaisical tech support. this is the most easy way to reset Wii Parental Control Password

Information

Parental controls, which can be used to prohibit younger users from playing games with content that would be considered unsuitable for their age level. When one attempts to play a Wii or Virtual Console game, it reads the content rating encoded in the game data; if this rating is greater than the system's set age level the game will not load without a correct override password. The parental controls can also restrict Internet access, which blocks the Internet Channel and system update features. Since the console is restricted to Nintendo GameCube functionality when playing Nintendo GameCube Game Discs, GameCube software is unaffected by Wii parental control settings.

European units mainly use the PEGI rating system, whereas North American units use the ESRB rating system.The Wii unit supports the native rating systems of many countries, including CERO in Japan, the USK in Germany, both the PEGI and BBFC in the United Kingdom and the OFLC in Australia and New Zealand.

Homebrew developers have reverse-engineered the function that Nintendo uses to recover lost parental control passwords and created a simple script to obtain parental control reset codes.