Thread: Difference between xbox live gold and silver subscription ?

Difference between xbox live gold and silver subscription ?

Hello to all, I want to know What is the difference between xbox live silver and gold? To anyone i aks this question they says gold is better then when i asks the reason , no one could say me the benefits and drawbacks of gold and silver memberships. Please explain me clearly. Thank you.

Re: Difference between xbox live gold and silver subscription ?

Xbox Live Gold Membership

Xbox LIVE Gold is a premium membership that lets you play games with friends online. Gold membership includes all the features of Silver (below) plus additional benefits and features.

• Multiplayer games: Invite your friends into a multiplayer match and compete against each other or play co-op through expansive adventures.
    • Marketplace: Gold members get early and exclusive access to select game add-ons, demos, trailers, videos, and more.
    • TrueSkill matchmaking: For every ranked game you play, TrueSkill finds the best match for your skill level.
    • Parties: Invite a group of friends into an Xbox LIVE Party, then you can all join games and play and chat together.
    • Gamer feedback: Use the feedback system to select players you want to play with (or avoid) the next time you're online.
    • Watch Netflix movies: Xbox LIVE Gold members who also belong to Netflix can watch Netflix’s extensive library of streaming movies and TV shows right on their console at no additional charge.

A Gold membership costs $49.99 for one year—less than five dollars a month! Xbox LIVE Gold cards can also be purchased at your favorite game retailer for a three- or twelve-month membership.

Xbox Live Silver Membership

Xbox LIVE Silver is a free service that allows any Xbox 360 user with a broadband connection to get online and interact with the Xbox LIVE community.

• Gamer profile: Showcase your online reputation and achievements for your friends to see.
    • Avatar: Share the customized Avatar that represents your online identity.
    • Friends list: Add other Xbox LIVE users to your friends list and chat using the headset or send text messages.
    • Marketplace: Download free content from Marketplace such as demos, trailers, music videos, dashboard themes, and lots more.
    • Microsoft Points: Redeem Microsoft Points (available at retail stores or through Xbox LIVE) for extra game content, Arcade games, movies and TV shows, independent videos, and more.
    • Gold Weekends: Look for special offers from Xbox LIVE that let you experience the excitement of multiplayer gaming free.

The advantage of Xbox Live Gold Membership (as low as $50/year) over the Xbox Live Silver Membership (free) is :

• All the Silver level benefits PLUS:

• Online gameplay - You can only play games on Xbox Live if you have a Gold membership.

• Exclusive Xbox Live Marketplace Content - A few extra downloadable perks for being a gold member.

I have a xbox360 and yes Xbox Live Gold is better because you get online multiplayer with Gold. Silver just lets you use the marketplace on your dashboard. you can download content, demos, trailers, arcade games, etc. You also get achievements and all basic Live functionality. Gold is where you can play games that you buy that have online support and play them with others. Just sign up for Xbox Live service from the dashboard and you're a Silver member. If you want to play online, you'll need to upgrade to Gold.

Happy Re: Difference between xbox live gold and silver subscription ?

"You can only play games on Xbox Live if you have a Gold membership."

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA glad I got a PS3!