Thread: Xbox 360 won't read any discs

Xbox 360 won't read any discs

Hi guys, i'm in big trouble here my Xbox 360 not working normal anymore. Its not reading any of my game disk. Just keep saying Insert the disk in Xbox 360 console. Disks are proper and clean. Do i need to change the drive now? Please help me, anyway by which i can make it working again?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Xbox 360 won't read any discs

Are you sure you are trying to play the Xbox 360 compatible games? Which games you are talking about? Check on the below on the game packet for game compatibility and needs.

Try following:
    • First make sure there is the problem with the Drive only not with your games then proceed with below steps.
    • First swap out the ATA-33 cable for an ATA-100 cable inside the xbox 360.
    • Get a memorex DVD laser cleaner. Ran it 10 times.
    • Clean all Xbox games with a HIGH QUALITY glass cleaning product can be found in the automotive section of walmart.

I faced this same problem few months ago, luckily my xbox was under warranty, so i called the microsoft and they suggested few suggestions and as always none of them worked for me and finally the replace drive for free. .To fix that problem you will need to contact a Microsoft. You see if you have warranty remain, or you can go for buying new drive this will be around $40 on ebay. This is a complicated process, because each xbox 360 has a specific dvd drive key stored on its hard drive, and the only way to get this key is to purchase a VIA VT6421A PCI card. Then you have to open your 360, take the drive out, hook it up to the PC, download the software to a boot disc to get the PC to read the 360 drive. then you have to save the drive key, and swap it with the drive key on the new dvd drive using the same steps.

So Gamez ive got my xbox apart and have the Dvd drive hooked up to my computer. but what software are you talking about?

The possibility could be that the disc you are trying to read is not compatible or not supported format and this is the reason you are not able to get the thing to work as processed as required. You can then make the change that is essential. I hope it would be better that you check it well.