Thread: Punkbuster delay codes in BattleField2

Punkbuster delay codes in BattleField2

I have recently purchased Battlefield 2 and would like to use AHK to creat a few simple macros for online gameplay.Its all sorted now and the program will work with the current version of BF2142 and the latest ModManager. How to allow AHK to create macros using my keyboard/mouse for use during online gameplay? For Example: Depressing the Shift key would activate the F2+Num0+space bar keys, in that order. Question 2- Does Punbkbuster block these AHK macros or deem them as a cheat? punkbuster kicks me, and says something like "Error loading pbcl" and some number next to it. Just curious, I want to use them but want to make sure it's allowed by Punkbuster/EA first. Thanks, in advance, for any help you can give me. It's much appreciated.

Re: Punkbuster delay codes in BattleField2

The default behavior of PunkBuster is to use the install path "pb" folder as a "home" path for reading/writing/creating PunkBuster files. If you run multiple instances of the BF2 server on the same computer from the same game installation, this default behavior may prevent PunkBuster's auto-update system from working properly.

I think enabling PunkBuster will solve your problem and to do this you need to do the following. The Battlefield games have always had an issue with forced resolutions above 60Hz. On the game's Multiplayer screen you will see a PunkBuster checkbox near the bottom, under the list of servers. This checkbox is used to Enable and Disable the PunkBuster client.

A Check for Update button has been added to the Program Options window so that you can check immediately if a new update is available and not just every 7 days that is done automatically.you should change this setting to match the ping you usually get on the servers you play on.if a connection can play the Game online successfully without PunkBuster, then there will be no need to make any changes to a firewall or proxy that may be in use when PunkBuster is Installed and Enabled.Also when in ModManager mode and displaying the ModManager ban list you can now click the Save Banlist button to save the modmanager XML banlist file to disc as requested.