Thread: Prototype DISC READ ERROR

Prototype DISC READ ERROR

I have downloaded 3 copies of prototype game for xbox but neither of them work although all other game works well. If I start prototype it just hangs at the start up screen. What coud be the reason here although all other games works but not just this one. So can anyone tell me how to solve prototype disc read error on xbox? Thank you

Re: Prototype DISC READ ERROR

It's basically your region got a defective disc shipment so you need to go to a nearby city or wait a couple weeks until a new shipment comes in to replace it. I ended up going to another city the same day for mine.

Installing it to the harddrive usually fixes it??? Could be a bad harddrive does any of your other games do this as well?

I also had similar problems and sometime it just works and somtime it wont work, I just installed the game. First time it canceled because it wouldnt read the disk and 2nd time it managed to do it without problems. So try installing the game and it will work fine. I guess something is just wrong with the disk maybe.

To solve any game's disc read error follow the steps given below.

Disc Read Error generally means that the game disk cannot be read by your console.

Reasons for Disc Read Error
    1. Disk surface scratched or smudged.
    2. Disk surface dirty.
    3. Lens surface dirty.

Here is what you can try doing.

1. Check the game disc for any scratches or smudges on the surface of the game disc, try to clean them off by using a non-abrasive cotton cloth.

2. If the Xbox 360 console is lying down, please set the console to on its side or if it's on its side set it to flat position, restart the console and then try game again. Always ensure the Xbox 360 is in a cool, well ventilated place.

3. Remove and reinsert the Memory card of your Xbox 360, restart the console then try running the game again.

Other troubleshooting that you can try.

Change the Disc speed of the Xbox 360 DVD and then try again.

Start the Xbox 360 with no disc in a drive. Press the "triangle" button on the controller.
    Use the up and down buttons on the controller to select "Playstation Driver” and press the "triangle" button on the controller.
    Select Disc speed. If it is set to "Fast," select "Standard"; if it is set to "Standard", select "Fast" and press the "X" button on the controller. Press the "O" button on the controller. Insert the game disc and restart the Xbox 360. Try running the game again.

Turn the Diagnosis On for Xbox 360 to auto detect the best settings.

From the Browser and System Configuration menu. Press the triangle button to select Version. Highlight the Console from the list and press the triangle button - this accesses the next menu option. The Diagnosis will be highlighted. Press the valid button to access the options available. Highlight "ON" to affect the change. Restart the console and try the game again.

If the above steps does do not solve the error then you would probably have to replace the disc.