Thread: How to repair hard drive of XBOX 360

How to repair hard drive of XBOX 360

Hi,
    Recenlty hard drive of my cousin's XBOX 360 gone out of work. We were playing COD on it. It working fine but after some time the games hang up. We rebooted the entire system. The DVD tray was not coming out. It is stuck right inside it. How to remove it. Then the red light was flasing continously. I showed it to an technician. He said that the hard drive is dead and we will have to replace it. Now before replacing is it possible to repair it. What is the procedure to remove the hard drive and replace it back. This might work. Or else it will also help to install a new hard drive on my own instead of paying to someone.

Re: How to repari hard drive of XBOX 360

It is not really very tough to replace a hard drive of an Xbox 360 game console. The only requirement is that it take some time. Before doing anything if your Xbox is under warranty then do not open it at your own. To remove the stucked disc out first you should try is remove the power cable. Switch it off completely and place it back again. Switch the console on and see weather the disc comes out or not. If not then switch the game console off. Remove the front plate. Take a paper click or any thick pin. The end should be straighten. Under the DVD drive you see a hole at the right side. Insert pin till you reach the gear. Push little the gear will rotate and the disk tray will comes out. Then drag it remove the disc.

The best option for you I will consider to get an new drive. Microsoft provides a hard drive for xbox with five year warranty. Instead of performing the installation with your own had I will suggest you to give it to a technician. It is will cost you some money but it will work fine. You look like a newbie in this, so there can be chances that you can destroy the console.

I had repaired a number of play stations. It is not a hard job to replace the hard drive in the console. To do so pull the hard drive case out of the xbox 360 after opening its cover. Unscrew it from the case. Once all is unscrewed then place a different hard drive in it. Things you should take care are the screws must not be very tight. The pins should get bent. Replace everything back and run the console back again.