Thread: What is eboot.pbp

What is eboot.pbp

Hi,
    I got a cd of psp games from my colleague. I copied some of them in the psp but they are not working. The psp is not showing the games. For eg. I was a games name Golf. I copied the entire folder in the game folder of psp. But the shortcut icon dosen't appear on the main screen. When I browsed the folder I saw file eboot.psp. What is this file. Do it is need to run a game. How can I install a game in psp.

Re: What is eboot.pbp

eboot.pbp is an executable file in psp. It is the file which runs the game. Every folder of yours must have a copy of file inside it. Just copy the file and paste it in the games folder of your psp. Now create a new folder with some mixed code like ABCD12345 and move the file inside it. Then reboot your psp. Your games will work now.

I will first suggest you to update your firmware software. If you have these errors in new games may they are incompatible or corrupt files. As psp games dosen't requires setup they run properly, if they are placed under correct folder i.e. games. You had copied but still it is not working. Just see that how your old games are installed. What are there location and what files are inside the folder. By this you get an idea about the game installation.

Eboot.pbp stands for excecutable file for psp. It executes an application in the psp. It is specifically usded for umd games and iso files. The firmwar updates for psp are also in the same format. First you will need to know where is default location of games in your psp. In my it is memory > psp > games. Open your disc where you have your psp games. First in psp create a new folder with any name. Then copy the file named eboot.pbp from the games folder in the disc. And past it in new folder in the psp. You done now, you can enjoy all your games in the same way.