Thread: On My XBOX 360 I got red ring.

On My XBOX 360 I got red ring.

Hello,
    I got my gift from my uncle & its XBOX 360.
    I connected this & within a second after a button start it worked fine but today when i tried to start it I got a red light. This red light is at the bottom on the right corner. Please someone let me know what it is? & what to do now?

Re: On My XBOX 360 I got red ring.

When a Microsoft Xbox 360 console experiences a "general hardware" failure or "core digital" failure, three flashing red lights appear (known as the "Red Ring of Death" or the "Three Red Lights of Death") around the power button, in lieu of the four green lights indicating normal operation.
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_36...nical_problems

Re: On My XBOX 360 I got red ring.

The red rings on your consoles centre ring are never good
    If all the lights besides the first quadrant are flashing red, this means a general hardware failure has occured. There is little to be done about this but try unhooking and re-attaching the cables. This is a sure sign that you xbox will be visiting a repair store any time soon. If all the lights besides the second quadrant are flashing red, then your console has merely over heated. Unplug the unit, let it cool for a while and make sure the console isnt sitting on something that will heat up the bottom. A cooling fan can be bought to help prevent this. If all the lights besides the third quadrant are flashing red, this means a crucial hardware failure has occured. This is a sure sign that your xbox will be visiting the repair store any time in the near future. There is little to be done about this but you could try unhooking and re-attaching the cables. If all four lights are flashing o your console then this is minor problem. Don't wet yourself over it. This is simply a problem with the AV cable not being plugged in correctly in the back of your console. Simply make sure that you cable clicks into place when inserting into your xbox.