Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Most Scariest Game ?

Resident Evil - it has been said SH is a rip off from RE, so if you have a Gamecube and like Silent Hill, then you'll sure as hell like RE also. but unlike SH, it has a much action oriented storyline with creepy spooky atmosphere. lots of games in the series- RE1 on ps1. Resident Evil 2 on pc, ps1, GC,Sega DC,n64. Resident Evil 3 on Pc, DC, GC. Resident Evil Code Veronica X on the ps2 and GC. The Remake of the original RE was done on GC with ground breaking graphics and scare factor. then Resident Evil 0 on GC. The upcoming release of Re4, already in top 3 wanted games in Japan and top 10 in the U.S. all the demo disks that were released by Capcom sold out withing a week! besides these- there are numerous other RE games like Outbreak and Outbreak file no.2 on the ps2- One of the best looking horror game on par with Sh4.
    Check out some of these cool screeny's from the games-

some more-

Doom 3 - But First to totally experience its scaryness you have to got to get a decent Vid card, Ram. Good Surround Sound Speaker system on your computer and at least a 17in monitor, otherwise it won't much of an impact. FPS game, enemies [and really creepy twisted looking one] pop out from anywhere, just look at the front cover, tense heartbeating atmosphere. if you have a computer for it- then Definitely go for it.

Screenshots.Groovy!-

System Shock 1 and 2- Scary and frustrating- and Awesome!. you are a soldier and in a doomed Spaceship with lots of killing to do. Really disturbing enemies and a must try for Horror game players, One of the scariest, most gruelling games of all time.
    check out some screens-

Aliens Vs Predator- Try out the human campaign, WILL scare the **** out of you, Believe me. You can also try the Alien and Predator campaign. Te dark atmosphere with puzzling scenarios and suprising popping aliens, and predators you can hear coming from far away get your heart beating fast. FPS game.

Well i hope that helped.
    and people can add more if they want...

good work there man... reps for ya...
    http://forums.techarena.in

Gr8 work params7 ! The first time i witnessed Nemesis i was a bit scared for the moment, and that was on the Psx a long time ago.

My friend was telling me the other day that SH4:the room was spooky, and the screeshots are gr8 so i think i will chk it out when i have time.

Well the feeling of scare is somthin which is different things to different people...
    btw...going by the posts..silent hill seems to be the spookiest of them all...
    i did like the blair witch project not because of spooky visuals....but bcos of the eerie soundtrack...

The only reason people find Doom3 scary is because of the sudden appearance of monsters and zombies from the dark corners.I must say it is pretty scary in the beginning,but u kind of get used to it after a few hours of playing.

To me ....

to me it was stages 3 & 4 in return to castle - wolfenstein (mummies, tomb )
    the sound and the cinematics makes every thing real.

The scariest game for me i remember is The Mummy played it in a psx, has anyone played it? i think there was no pc version released.
    THere seems to be a lot of movies on scary games.
    Last edited by manx_bkk; 21-10-2004 at 01:31 PM.

ive played the mummy, in fact here a pic playing now

but scary ? i don't find it scary, exept some shrills in between. but its one of the best adventure games out there for the psx.

Surivival horror started from Resident evil 1 (for psx) which was later renamed as Resident evil irectors cut. It was an original idea and definitely one of the best horror game at that time.I still remeber the first zombie I faced.It was scary as hell.

Resident evil 2 wasnt that scary but IMO its one of the best game ever (if not the best game ever). It was later released also on pc. Resident Evil 3 was also decent and I really liked Nemesis but resident evil survivor in a way killed the RE series. They released it as a fps and graphics were poor as hell.

After that though Code Veronica was released for dreamcast and older versions were re released for game cube but the horror element was almost out .I havent played latest RE- the outbreak but I hope its a good follow up.

In the meantime came The Silent Hill. It is the most scariest game ever. Great sound effects, weird storyline and Greyish environment made it really cool. I played it after closing all the lights.I still remember turning the lights on when I revisited school area in that game. Real fun indeed.

Silent hill 2 was a better game from the first one but slightly less horrifying. Third one was much better in terms of graphics but again not that horror once you have played the earlier games. I recently got Silent hill 4 -the room. Havent played it as yet but it seems to be similar to SH3.

Coming to Doom 3 , if anyone calls it a horror game he must be joking.

Systemic Anamoly Guest
    lolz Mummy in scariest game section finished the game in 2 days

i although havent played ne "full version" scary games
    but i have to agree

that Return To Castle Wolfenstein (RTCW) Demo was scary so i can imagine the full version to be more scary

The scary part is u have to kill those Zombies with guns like pistol
    shotguns.... which is not tht effective against them
    the only way to escape them is to run from them if ur short of ammo...

Ps: params7 good work there
    Last edited by Systemic Anamoly; 21-10-2004 at 08:21 PM.

hellfire Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by freedom1945
    to me it was stages 3 & 4 in return to castle - wolfenstein (mummies, tomb )
    Yep...they were scary those bundles of bones...arrgh how did I forget them in my earlier post. The zombies from Quake were scary too...the groaning noises they made :shutup:

Hey The Suffering is also damn scary, i mean those monsters creep up from behind you with blades and stuff...
    Doom 3 scary. REsident Evil, Silent hill Series.
    The BAAP of them all UNDYING **** scary . but now i just cant stop laughing after seing the graphics.
    I know You're A Self Made Man Its Nice Of You To Take The Blame

I could make a monkey out of you But why should i take All the credit

Quote Originally Posted by prafull
    but resident evil survivor in a way killed the RE series. They released it as a fps and graphics were poor as hell.

You're right when you say RE1 started it all, but dead wrong when you Survivor killed the series. Survivor was Not canon to the series [in other words, was not with the story] Survivor was a FPS and people finished it in 30 mins. the game wasn't a major release like Re2 and Re3.
    on Gcube- Remake and Re0 took RE up another step. you do know that Re4 is the one of the most awaited games now, that SH4 has been released and did a good job of satisfying fans.

just look at one of the trailers of Re4 on gametrailers.com - NO more slow lazy sloppy zombie in pajamas in Re4. hell i don't won't to spoil it but just take a look at the 6 mb trailer , it'll blow every horror game away!

and RE:Outbreak. and its yet to be released sequel File no.2 are for ps2 online players. it has a good offline mode, but mainly done for online players.
    it is a little bit with the story, some survivors in Racoon City fighting their way out, that's all.

other than that i think Sh2 is the most scariest game ever done. Sh1 got repetitive walking and running the same street again and again but Sh2 was awesome.
    Last edited by params7; 22-10-2004 at 12:47 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast