Thread: How to keep Changing NAT type to open

How to keep Changing NAT type to open

hello friends,

I was playing Halo 3 online with my friend, suddenly I heard a Beap voice in my headphone speaker,so i stop playing and check for what happen, I saw a message displaying about my NAT. It were asking me to do my NAT settings on my router were set to Moderate, which was clearly displaying an error message suggesting that it can restrict some gameplay. The message said that in order to get the best possible match-ups and ability to play with everyone, I need to keep my NAT type to open. Does anyone know how to change your NAT type?

Please help!!

Re: How to keep Changing NAT type to open

Are you using a router? If so make sure that UPnP is enabled. If your router does not support UPnP (most do), make sure to forward the following ports, TCP and UDP 3078, and TCP/UDP 88. If that doesn't help, as a last resort, place your Xbox in the DMZ. If you are trying to play at a College dorm, there is nothing that can be done to help that. A little information on your setup will help us narrow down the problem.

Changing Your NAT Type

There are several ways to do this but i found using the DMZ option is the easiest. I’m not 100% sure if this makes my Xbox unsecure or not but as a precaution i removed my credit card details from Live just in case.
    Get your Xbox 360's IP address by choose network settings in the system blade. Then edit settings should show your Xbox's IP address. Record this IP as you will need it in a second.

Open your router configuration by entering your router IP address in the http:// window of your web browser. You can normally find your IP address printed on the back of the router. When you're prompted enter your password to access your router settings. If you have not set a password its normally defaults as admin (both password and login name)

Find the DMZ menu then enter your Xbox IP address you recorded earlier. Warning you are now opening all the ports on the Xbox which could enable other people to hack into your Xbox. I recommend doing some research online before using this option as Xbox hacking is becoming more frequent.

Save the settings and log out of the router settings, power down your modem, router and Xbox. Wait 30 seconds then connect the modem, wait another 30 seconds before powering on the router then wait 2 minutes so the router can connect to your network with the new settings. Ensure you plug everything in as above as if not done correctly may result in not opening the ports. Now power up the Xbox and login into XBL, you should find your NAT type is now open.

Try to find the DMZ settigns in the router's configuration page. Add the XBOX 's IP Address here and enable it. Apply the settings and try the LIVE connection again.
    If it doesn't work then you may want to upgrade the firmware of the router so that u can have advanced setup feature in the configuration page.