Thread: How to connect ps2 to PC Monitor

How to connect ps2 to PC Monitor

Hello,

I have purchased new PS2 for home,and having difficulty in making an connection between the PS2 console to monitor using TV Card / TV Tuner Cards. And if you ask me, I also heard that there are different methods through which we can done the same thing, so please if anyone knows about this then let me know..

Thanks

Re: How to connect ps2 to PC Monitor

1. Connect your ps2 video output cable (in this example it is using the composite output) or you can also say the Yellow Cable to the Video input of your tv card or your VGA Card
    2. Connect your ps2 audio output cable to Y-Connector and connect the Y-Connector into the Line-in of your soundcard
    3. Run DScaler and configured it to use your capture card and set the video source to composite
    4. And to make thing even easier, configure DScaler to automatically detect your PS2 Video Output (NTSC M/NTSC M JP/PAL BGHI) by checking the Automatic Format Detect on the Deinterlace menu .. in my case because i'm using modchip in my ps2, so the DScaler will automatically adjust between each Region Video Format Type everytime i insert different games (my ps2 console is PAL type)
    5. Configure the rest of DScaler to your liking (to get the best thing possible from your card)
    6. and Now you could start your games on your PC Monitor..

You'll need to have the s-video cable for the PS2. See if you can plug straight into the graphic card.if the socket at your graphic matches the description.

Be gentle when you try to plug it in. Try not to force it. It would be easier if your graphic card also comes with the video input block which has composite, s-video on it. Those normally available on mid-end model and above with VIVO capability. I did the same before, connecting PS2 through video capture to play game on my computer
    , but image quality wasn't so good plus there's a slight delay. If you're going to play fast action game, you might have to rethink your strategy.

If you'e looking forward to connect the PS2 directly to your monitor, then it's not possible, unless you have composite to vga converter. It's a expensive device to have.

if im right ps2's have a composite video connector and a left and right phone connector. so you'll either need a composite to vga/dvi connector, or if you have a monitor with a composite port just hook it straight up.

Get a cheap internal video capture/ tv card for your PC. Then play your PS2 in a window (or fullscreen.) This option would be the cheapest i think since you can get these cards for around $20.

when you do it that way using a tv tuner card you get lag on the screen cause the card has to encode the signal then the software has to decode it so whatever you do on your ps2 using this method it will behind your own movements.

It says DScaler doesnt support my tv card. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by rosh72851 View Post
    It says DScaler doesnt support my tv card. Any other suggestions?
    You will need a new TV Tuner Card. I would recommend you to use nvidia or pinnacle card...

I just used VLC and that fixed the problem. I even get a better picture and sound quality.