Thread: dk2 dkii.icd error during playing game

dk2 dkii.icd error during playing game

Hi, I keep getting this error message come up and the game shuts down.

''dkii.icd has encountered a problem and needs to close''

i read in another thread that i need to the nocd crack to combat this error.
    I am playing this game directly thorough the CD still it gives this error, I don't know where to find this error now.Is that crack will be really available anywhere.

Am also guessing that Game does not recognize the CD there.If anyone knows how to sort this out, with or without the crack please let me know.

we have recently wanted to play it again and re-installed them both and put the version 1.7 patch on and the ''-32biteverything'' on the end of the shortcut because otherwise the picture doesn't show.

Thanks Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: dk2 dkii.icd error during playing game

Can you tell us,with which game you are getting this error message,and if possible, also mentioned the Error log displayed during playing game.

I am playing Dungeon Keeper 2 in that it was giving such an error. It is very irritating as it does not allow me go further.

IIRC, DK 2 uses SafeDisc copy protection.

You can either try to troubleshoot the safedisc problems or do what every sane minded individual does when faced with PC copy protection. Use a NOCD program from GameCopyWorld.

I suppose this error may be related to your screen resolution,so you can set -32biteverything on the command line, but the game will work regardless. No issues with Aero support. Resolutions above 1024x768 cause some text to become invisible, because Dungeon Keeper does not have a large enough font, but keeper notices ("A Bile Demon has become unhappy because he hasn't been paid", etc) are still visible (albeit in very tiny writing). Widescreen resolutions (1280x800, 1680x1050, 1920x1200) cause the minimap to deform and minor glitches in researching spells/traps, but no playability issues. Set the resolution by going into regedit and editing HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bullfrog Productions Ltd\Dungeon Keeper II\Configuration\Video\Screen Width and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bullfrog Productions Ltd\Dungeon Keeper II\Configuration\Video\Screen Height. Be sure to set the editing mode in regedit from "Hexadecimal" to "Decimal".

This worked for me:

I had a problem with an unspecified error with DKII.icd. This is the Safedisc protected file, which is the real executable. Unfortunately, only renaming to exe doesn't do the trick, you need unsafedisc to make a new exec out of it.
    See post by KEYTOR Jan 02, 04. Here's the text though for you lazy ones:

TO GET THE GAME WORKING UNDER XP FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
    1 INSTALL GAME
    2 INSTALL 1.7 UPDATE PATCH
    3 RUN UNSAFEDISC 1.55 (FIND WITH GOOGLE) TO REMOVE INSERT KEY CD ERROR ( XP DOESNT LIKE SAFEDISC)
    4 DELETE DKII (addition This means DKII.exe, not the .ICD file)
    5 RENAME TESTME TO DKII (Testme.exe to DKII.exe)
    6 PLAY GAME AND ENJOY