Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Counter Strike 1.6 won't work in Windows 7 64-bit

Re: Counter Strike 1.6 won't work in Windows 7 64-bit

You cannot play CS in Opegl under Windows 7. Even i tried a lot to play the same on my Windows 7 system but unsuccessful. What you can do is select the D3D under video mode and start playing . As soon as you select the D3D and click on Apply, it will give you an error but simple click ok on the same and continue. It will work.

Quote Originally Posted by utkman View Post
    ma cs is working but in software mode not in openGL openGL is not working in windows 7 it used to work on vista please help wat to do....???
    I also had the same issue with Windows 7 and OpenGL while playing Counter Strike, I used to get this error message "The specified video mode is not supported. The game will now run in software mode." But later I solved this problem by simply installing the latest WDDM v1.1 driver. You could try updating, if you haven't already, using the search online function under device manager display adapters, update driver or try here - http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

I have windows 7 64 bits... and when i open mi CS it starts but only appears the image and the music, there are no letters.
    Please help me...

There is a bit compatibility issue on Windows 7. It will work in some cases. But there is a fix for that and if that does not works then there is now way of running Counter Strike 1.6. First right click on the shortcut of the counter strike and then click on properties. Go in compatibility and then choose Windows XP. Exit the windows and then run the game back. If that does not work the install Counter Strike Source.

i have done that of the compatibility... but it stills donĀ“t working D:
    but you say that i have to restar my computer??
    and where i get the CS source..
    thanks.

I use Windows 7 and it is been perfectly working for me and that too without any problem. All I did is that upgraded the graphic card drivers and the direct X version of the same. As it is done I was able to get the game to function well and that too without any issue. Other than that you can try to execute the game to work in 3D mode instead of OpenGL.

Quote Originally Posted by shervinlcm View Post
    Replace these 2 attached files with the files existing as the same name in your CS folder . now you are able to play it in your 64 bit windows 7 .
    this solution is not working for me..
    need help

Quote Originally Posted by adeel125 View Post
    need help
    First of all can you please tell us which Operating System you have installed? A solution was posted on another forum about a workaround to play CS on Windows 7, see below:

Solution is that you will download Winrar from RarLab and then extract the SteamInstall.msi into some folder, like C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\ and then rename steam.exe1 into steam.exe and run it.

I tried older steam installers just to find out that those install ok but don't run at all.

For some reason Microsoft Install Service is bugging in Windows 7 about some programs. I thinks related to region and language settings but I am not sure.

There is also built in MSI Extrator in Windows which you can try like this:

In command prompt:
    msiexec /a c:\temp\steaminstall.msi /qb TARGETDIR=c:\temp\steam\

but it caused msi to crash here leaving external program as only option.

I managed to find a fix for Windows Installer problems (aka. problems with .msi files).

1. Delete the string values (Except for (Default)) in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions

2. Start gpedit.msc

3. Expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand System, expand Internet Communication Management, and then click Internet Communication settings.

4. In the details pane, double-click Turn off Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program, and then click Enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by adeel125 View Post
    need help

No solutions needed if the problem is similar to that: When you start the game it fully freezes until you fire up the task manager and turn it off? This is the common error which CS does on win7. You just need to turn off most of the already started programs to be able to run CS normally. For example you turn off programs like msn, skype, or any torrent downloaders, antispy e t.c. then start CS and it will work. Once you CS started you then can turn the programs on if needed. This method helped a lot of CS players and hope it will help you too.

well thanks for every one who replied i was feeling that the cs wont ever work on win7 64 bit.. so i removed it and now operating the 32 bit version of the same windows..
    although m facing much problems in cs but after 2 or 3 tries it runs but when ever server changes it stuck,...
    well thanks any way...

If you are able to play CS on Windows 7, that should be enough. It is fortunate to be able to run CS on windows 7.

Whenever server changes, atleast you can restart CS

Check out for the compatibility tools which may be available on Microsoft support page which will help you to get the game to be executed to the system well. Check out for the support page and make the download to be contained. I hope this will surely let you to get the desired change to be worked. I hope this will help you out.

Hello, I also I have a problem with counter strike,
    what happens to me is that when you start the game I go to the middle of the screen: S
    voi to download winrar from shervinlcm

I hope your answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolf17 View Post
    I have windows 7 64 bits... and when i open mi CS it starts but only appears the image and the music, there are no letters.
    Please help me...
    I have the same problem and i still can't get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by trey_rlb14 View Post
    I have the same problem and i still can't get it to work.
    Can you specify in details, what is the problem faced by you? What is your computer specifications and which video card do you use, or do you play games on onboard video? Have you tried the solutions given by EINSTEIN_007 ? Have you tried updating your video driver to the latest? Try to reinstall the game again.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast