Thread: Call of Duty 4 Error During Initialization

Call of Duty 4 Error During Initialization

Hello, I Have installed COD 4, without any problem , but when I double click on it .the Game asks me first to start the game in safe mode after that i got this error message :

----- Initializing Renderer ----
    ----- Client Initialization Complete -----
    Attempting 44 kHz 16 bit [Windows default] sound
    ----- ----- R_Init
    Getting Direct3D 9 interface ...
    Pixel shader version is 2.0
    Vertex shader version is 2.0
    Video card or driver does not support separate alpha blend, glow will be disabled.

Error during initialization:
    Video card or driver does not support separate alpha blend, glow will be disabled.
    I do not know what to do please Help me Solve These problem Thank you in advance for your help

Re: Call of Duty 4 Error During Initialization

Hello , Make sure you video card is online sometimes on a reboot it can cause some of your hardware to "Shut off"

• Start
    • Settings
    • Control Panel
    • System
    • Hardware
    • Device Manager

check and make sure all your hardware is enabled and the drivers are up to date. you can download the newest drivers on your hardwares website USUALLY

Hello That error is basically saying your graphic card is not supported. You can see if there is either a firmware update or driver update for your laptop that may add this feature. Other that that you will not be able to run CoD4.

This is telling you that your computer's graphics device is not good enough to run the game.Your Graphics may be an integrated graphics, meaning it's a chip on the motherboard rather than a proper graphics card. your pc maybe new but it is not designed to play modern games like CoD4 which are graphically very demanding. Also, the 'eq filter' error could indicate a problem with either your sound driver or DirectX. Try reinstalling both, but I don't think you'll be able to run the game with integrated graphics that doesn't support 'Hardware Transform & Lighting'.

COD 4 needs a graphics card that supports both vertex and pixel shader v2.0, what most onboard cards don't. There is no way to get around this issue besides buying another graphics card.The other components of your PC would be more than sufficent to run COD.

im running cod4 on my laptop and it only has a standard shit onboard graphics card. it runs perfect.
    My old shitty home computer has the same alpha glow error when i try to play it too. It has fx5200 graphics card. Surely there must be a way around this error.