Thread: Cannot login To Steam Account?

Cannot login To Steam Account?

Hello , From Yesterday I cannot Login To my steam Account Sometimes it Gives the Following error

Login to steam failed. Either the specified account does not exist, or the password was wrong. Please check your email address and password and try again.
    and Even if the Connection is made then nothing will happen I Dont know what is going on? please Help Me Thanks in Advance

Re: Cannot login To Steam Account?

Quote Originally Posted by Abaan View Post
    Hello , From Yesterday I cannot Login To my steam Account Sometimes it Gives the Following error

and Even if the Connection is made then nothing will happen I Dont know what is going on? please Help Me Thanks in Advance
    Make sure that the router is not putting a PC into DMZ (Demilitarized zone). You must be behind the firewall on the router for steam to work correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Abaan View Post

The file ClientRegistry.blob saves some account-specific settings (The damage of this file or outdated information can be disruptive impacts on the installation and update of STEAM-games) so delete the clienregistry.blob in your valve folder (right-click on folders valve - search - files / folder search - clientregistry.blob) then restart steam then it performed a small update, and then steam should work again

It does happen from time to time. Your client fails to communicate with the authentication servers and thus cannot login.The authentication servers might be under heavy load right now. This problem should be resolved shortly. All you can do is really quit steam and try again later. If not perhaps your account has been hijacked but it's unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman22 View Post
    The file ClientRegistry.blob saves some account-specific settings (The damage of this file or outdated information can be disruptive impacts on the installation and update of STEAM-games) so delete the clienregistry.blob in your valve folder (right-click on folders valve - search - files / folder search - clientregistry.blob) then restart steam then it performed a small update, and then steam should work again
    Hello , If you have Deleted the above files and still it is not then try Try deleting all files from you Steam installation folder except Steam.exe and SteamApps folder. Note: If you want to keep your favorite servers list make a backup copy of file serverbrowser.vdf located in C:\Program Files\Steam\config. (I assume you got Steam installed in C:\Program Files\Steam)