Thread: Cannot Install Medieval 2 total war

Cannot Install Medieval 2 total war

hello, I just bought medieval 2 total war and tried to install but was unable to do so, Initially, the computer does not recognize the cd and then after you install DirectX 9.0c, it begins to recognize it. I run the installation,select choice of language, I accept the contract,the installtion begin but then occur a error code. it seem like bug: an error occurred, unable to install the cd. Error code: 0x80070001-5006- What this is problem about ? How do I fix this?
    Thank you in advance for your answers.

Re: Cannot Install Medieval 2 total war

Hello, I had a similar problem you can try uninstalling your cd / dvd drive in the device manager. through(Control panel> system> hardware> device manager) And restart Windows, reinstall your drive after that you can continue with the installation and hopefully the installation will proceed as planned. It worked for me!

This is a known issue with the ComponentFileInfo function. InstallShield has assigned this issue to work order 1-B4971. This number can be referenced when tracking this issue. This is a known issue with setup initialization. InstallShield has assigned this issue to work order 1-CW1PM. This number can be referenced when tracking this issue.ComponentFileInfo fails to get information about a file in a file group unless it is the first file listed in the file group. In some cases, an exception is thrown, and in other cases, the function returns invalid information about the file. On some systems with an invalid My Documents folder, the setup fails with Error 5006 (0x8007003) during setup initialization.

When running an InstallScript installation, you might receive the following run-time error during setup initialization:
    • An error (5006 : 0x80070002) has occurred while running the setup.
    • Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor.

The line number for SetupDLL.cpp may vary for different versions of the InstallScript engine.

Cause
    One known cause of this run-time error is a missing setup.inx file in the built media files.

Resolution
    [/B]To recreate the setup.inx file, compile the setup script or rebuild the existing release\media.

Additional Information
    For further information about files needed in installation media, see the InstallShield Help topic Including Redistributables in your Installation.