Thread: GTA IV Sucks, Rockstar Sucks (PC version)

GTA IV Sucks, Rockstar Sucks (PC version)

First of all my here is my Computer Specifications:
    Asus P5Q Pro Motherboard
    Ram 2GB DDR2 800 mhz
    Quad Core 9300 Processor
    Nividia 9800 GTX Graphic Card
    Windows XP SP3

Firstly, I have build this pc only for gaming and till now I have completed playing NFS Undercover, Prince of Persia 2008, Tomb Raider Underworld in Full Settings. Also I am still playing FPS games like Far Cry 2 and Crysis Warhead on full settings but havent finished it yet. But when it comes to GTA 4, I am really disappointed for it. Here's my problem, I have installed the game, made an account in Rockstar social club and also in Windows Live games and activated the game by a serial key given at the back of a book, upated my graphic driver to the latest, installed microsoft netframework and also used the GTA 4 patch for this game but still my system crashes when logging in and trying to play the game. The crash only occurs when watching any cutscenes or videos that comes and even if trying to go in the option menu, but while playing the game the crash doesnt occur. I dont know what software protection Rockstar has made for this game but it has ruined my Christmas as it seems so. I have more than 20 times restarted my pc for the hang up situation occured during watching any cutscenes or videos. So, I just dont want to burn up my pc for just this hell of a game made by the so called Rockstar Group. But I want to play it badly as well, so any tips or suggestions for correcting this game and making it playable again would be appreciated. Thank you

Re: GTA IV Sucks, Rockstar Sucks (PC version)

Purchase original game CD from market and install in your PC

GTA 4 (PC): Several problems solutions

The PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV has to deal with some problems on its release. But Rockstar already is working on solutions and just provided PCGH with possible solutions for three bugs that have been identified.Rockstar delivered solutions for several problems of the GTA 4 PC version.

• Issue 1 - Fatal Error MMA10 on saving the game.

Possible Solution 1 - Sign out of the Rockstar Social Club, on starting the game skip the login . This allows the game to start. If you are connected to the internet, you will be prompted to login to Game For Windows Live (GFWL). If you login to this the game will save without issues.

However if you are not connected to the internet, GFWL has an offline mode. If you try to save at your safe house, it will advise you to login. From here choose YES and the game will appear to freeze for a second, hold down the Alt and press Tab to go back to your desktop. You will see the option to sign into GFWL Offline mode, do this and then ALT + Tab back into the game. This should allow you to save, although it may take you to the beginning of the game.

Possible Solution 2 - Install .net Framework 3.5, also unconfirmed but .net Framework 1.1 may need to be installed first.

• Issue 2 - Graphical distortion using an NVIDIA video card

Solution - Install and use the latest beta driver NVIDIA video cards
      Rockstar explicitly points out that the use of Beta drivers is done at one's own risk

• Issue 3 - General crashes/freezes

Solution - Install all the latest updates for Windows. Including service packs (SP3 for XP and SP1 for Vista). Close background applications.

Hope this will helpful !

I have already told that I have applied all the patch and updated my graphic driver to the latest but still it wont work. It seems to be an ingame fault perhaps.

Buy The Original Cd .... Buy The Original Cd .... Buy The Original Cd .... Buy The Original Cd ....