Thread: No More Heroes 2 announced!

No More Heroes 2 announced!

Marvelous Entertainment had promised an announcement size for the TGS 2008: This is No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle. Despite the failure of the first episode in Japan, the charismatic Travis Touchdown is back, equipped with his famous laser sword. But for now, it's not about s'exciter with the spread of a short trailer. More troubling, no platform has been mentioned yet, although the specific nature of the Wii's first opus suggest that No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle is expected to land on the new Nintendo console. Unless Suda51 and his clique to find a new audience by targeting other platforms. "We designed this suite to reward the many fans in the United States and Europe," said Suda51. Deeply more information.

No information has been released other than what’s visible in the trailer. That is to say Grasshopper will be developing again and no specific system was mentioned. It would be fairly safe to assume that NMH2 would follow its predecessor onto the Wii as motion control was pretty central to the gameplay but considering Grasshopper recently licensed the Unreal Engine 3, there’s no guarantee.

Dr. V Guest
    The full title of the work-in-progress game is No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle. We're hoping that we'll be able to uncover more information on the game as the show progresses show stay tuned.

Shacknews has the trailer, which shows all manner of cool, yet bizzare imagery; something we've come to expect from Suda 51's games.

No More Heroes 2 to get two versions

Grasshopper Manufacture's Suda 51 has told Eurogamer that No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle, the sequel to his cult Wii action game that was announced yesterday, will release in two versions in Europe, one censored for heavy violence.

"We won't be able to make the same game for all territories," Suda 51 said in interview at the Tokyo Game Show. "For Europe, we're going to release two versions. One extreme version, and one with less violence."

The first No More Heroes featured dismemberment, beheading and showers of blood in the US, but in the Japanese version, enemies exploded in fountains of ash and coins. The European version was the same as the Japanese, which caused some controversy.

No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle will follow the same route, but both versions will be made available in Europe, to please hardcore fans as well as supermarket bosses and German censors.

"The last time I did a European press tour, everyone asked me this," the eccentric creator said. "With No More Heroes 2 we want to please the fans too. I want the European users to be able to experience the extreme version."

However, Suda 51 denied that either version of the first No More Heroes could be considered the original. "When I first had the concept, I had both the bloody version and the milder version in mind," he said.

"So when I worked on the US version, it wasn't a problem for me to make, but when I made the Japanese version, I needed to rethink it a little bit. But I did both at the same time."

We'll publish a full interview with Suda 51 soon.