Thread: Lexar "FireFly" USB Flash Drive for Windows 98se

Lexar "FireFly" USB Flash Drive for Windows 98se

Am using Windows 98 since long years. To carry my important files, I was having 1GB Lexar USB drive which was working fine on my computer. Now as the data is increasing I thought to buy one more 1Gb drive but seems like Lexar is not making Windows 98 compatible any more. But as I really need it, I bought a Lexar "FireFly" though they mentioned it for xp, vista and Mac. I need to find out any way to make it work on my Windows 98.

So I request you guys to please suggest me some method using which we can make this USB Flash drive work on Win98. Thank You.

Re: Lexar "FireFly" USB Flash Drive for Windows 98se

The only concerned thing that makes any USB drive work or not work with any windows edition is driver. The problem is only that they don’t have drivers for Windows 98. Also if you download XP or any other windows driver, am not sure whether they will work in Win98.

Anyway, I was able to find out a Generic driver that works good for Windows 98. You can try out the same. Download it from here, go to Add hardware under control Panel and point the installation to the location where you have saved the downloaded driver. It should work properly.

Re: Lexar "FireFly" USB Flash Drive for Windows 98se

I was facing the same problem with my USB Thumb Drive. so I spent some hours on web searching for the same and finally got few such as 'Archos_USB_Drivers.zip' and the USB_Mass_Storage.zip' on a site. I downloaded and saved it on my Desktop, Connected my USb, got a notification in the system tray that Windows 98 has found a new hardware. Later a pop up came asking for drivers, I pointed to the desktop file and installed. Now its been more than 6 months my drives are working great. Though I don’t have their download URL but you can search google with the names I provided.