Thread: Have win98, how can I transfer files to USB Flash Drive 2.0?

Have win98, how can I transfer files to USB Flash Drive 2.0?

I am using windows 98 on a very old computer that wont write CDs. Recently I bought a new system with Windows Vista. Now I want to transfer all my documents, files and folders to the new PC but as the older once cannot write CDs, and the new PC wont accept floppy, its getting very difficult to transfer files. I bought a new USB 2.0 Flash Drive as well but can anyone tell me how can I transfer files to the USB drive? Windows 98 is not able to recognize the USB drive. Somebody please help.

Re: Have win98, how can I transfer files to USB Flash Drive 2.0?

Why are you getting so tense buddy. There are lots other ways to copy/transfer files from one PC to another. You can network both PCs and transfer files from one to another without any external device.

Another way is by connecting your Windows 98 hard drive to the new Vista computer and move the files. This is the fastest way of transferring from one to second system.

Re: Have win98, how can I transfer files to USB Flash Drive 2.0?

The device is not getting recognize in win98 because it wont have compatible drivers for the same. What you can do is visit the USB manufacturer’s website and download/install the compatible drivers. If you are not getting the same than you can download Generic USB driver from here. Once installed your Flash drive will start working.

Thanks a lot for your useful suggestions guys. That was really very helpful. I have downloaded the drivers and installed. Now i am able to move the files using USB drive., BTW, setting up network and connecting win98 hdd to vista was also very useful but as am not so expert i decided to move it with USB itself. Thanks btw.