Thread: driver for flash drive pen

driver for flash drive pen

I have a VGI usb flash drive and I am trying to find its driver that would work in the Windows 98SE operating system. It is able to work properly in Windows XP but I want to move some files and data to some other computer by using the Windows 98SE. I have downloaded some driver from the site which is called as PD1-SK6201.RAR but when I double click on it then it will not open like an exe file. Can anyone please help me out. Thanks

You have got yourself a .rar file which is a type of file format that can be opened after installing Winrar software. Just search for the same software on google and download it and install on your computer. After it gets installed, just right click on the same file and choose the option to extract here or anywhere on your computer and then the .exe file will be available, from which you can simply install by double clicking on it.

There is another software called 7-ZIP that you can use to unrar the file. It supports reading formats like ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS , NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR and Z. For creating archives, it is limited to 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM. This extremely powerful compression software is able to compete with the big names of the genre in terms of compression ratio.