Thread: Modified Flash DLL available here (makes Flash 9 look like Flash 10)

Modified Flash DLL available here (makes Flash 9 look like Flash 10)

I am running Windows 98 on my pc and whenever I open any website then they are saying that they require Flash 10 version instead of Flash 9 version that is installed on my computer. When I try to install Flash 10 then it wont get installed and I have checked that in order to make it working we have to install third party API helper like KernelEx. Its a simple mod that is done to the main flash dll file which is called NPSWF32.dll and it will make the flash version 9 to appear like flash version 10. You can download the file from the below link
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/...82/NPSWF32.ZIP

Once you unzip it, then you have to rename it as NPSWF32.dll. Then you need to copy the same on the exisiting file which should be located in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MACROMED\FLASH.

What I did was I changed the original to different file format as NPSWF32.old and then copied the new one into the same folder that you have told us to do. I was having the Flash 9 version and was getting the same error when visiting many websites. Also this modified flash DLL file wont work on sites like msnbc or such. This solution is just a interim one but the better fix is to install the KernelEx compatibility layer.

Re: Modified Flash DLL available here (makes Flash 9 look like Flash 10)

We have flash 11 present today. This would be helpful for old systems. I have a Windows XP laptops. I had never updated anything on that. It is just used for teaching purpose. There are few set of pdf and video files in the same. I want to know if I run the update package will it cause any issue. I do not have any driver or any thing for that system. I do not want to screw the system with damage file. I am planing to upgrade to Vista on that. I think the hardware might support. Is there a way to find out the same.

Re: Modified Flash DLL available here (makes Flash 9 look like Flash 10)

You can try using Windows Upgrade Adviser. This tool will test and find out whether your system is upgradeable or not. You have to check the minimum system requirement of your system. See that it matches or not. If it matches then it will work nicely. But if not then do not mess with your system. Still if you want to make any changes then try making a image file of your entire system. And keep it for restoration purpose. If after installing Vista your system fails to work properly you can restore that through old image file.