Thread: How come IPConfig /flushdns doesn't work??....

How come IPConfig /flushdns doesn't work??....

I checked on my pc by testing the IPConfig /flushdns command and they dont seem to be working? I am using a ADSL dynamic link to connect to the net. Actually all the 3 commands such as ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew should flush out the old dns and gain a new one. So, I ran a bat file and that i made and ran 2 test for about 10-15 minutes with the below command:
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /all

I was getting the IP for test number 1 and test number 2 both same but not with the other command, so i think that I have done something wrong, can anyone recitfy the issue for me.

Re: How come IPConfig /flushdns doesn't work??....

I think that you got your IP and other from the modem or the router that you are using when dynamic. So, if you want a new address then you will have to physically power dow by disconnecting from power supply for 30 minutes or so. Also, it seems to me that the router or modem that you are using is given to your by your provider and everytime I have to restart the pc when it is installed on our computer. Incase if you have got any kind of software with the ADSL modem/router then you should be able to adjust the "local IP ranger".

Incase you would like to get a new IP Address and you dont want the flushdns which shouldnt do anything, then you will have to restart the pc and after that similarly you have to use the "/release" command. You can also try to restart the computer generally after using the command that is called "\flushdns". Hope that helps.