Thread: Tips to add built-in Facebook Messenger in Firefox browser

Tips to add built-in Facebook Messenger in Firefox browser

One can now add built-in Facebook messenger in their Firefox browser. Mozilla has come up with its first social integration with Facebook Messenger for Firefox. Once the new “Messenger for Firefox” is enabled there won’t be any need for opening Facebook in a new tab. You will be connected to Facebook no matter which site you visit. One can enabled chat and notification sidebar and navigate from one web page to another page easily as the side bards won’t get disturbed.

This is how it looks like:

You can enable the chat and notification sidebar by just checking those options accordingly:

You can disable the “Messenger for Firefox” by clicking on the Facebook icon and then on “Remove from Firefox”

For enabling the Facebook Messenger on your Firefox browser visit this page and click on 'Turn On' button. Just make sure that you are having latest version of Firefox i.e Firefox 17 installed, else the 'Turn On' button won’t work for you.

Mozilla will be adding more features later but the current ones seems to be enough as far as built-in Facebook messenger is concerned.

Re: Tips to add built-in Facebook Messenger in Firefox browser

Thanks for share these tips....

Re: Tips to add built-in Facebook Messenger in Firefox browser

Its good but its not working properly in my case. I have installed latest version of Firefox and i have noticed that it doesn't gets updated in real time. I mean sometimes i don't see any message or notification's but as soon as i click on message icon or the notification icon then i get the red popup with number of notifications and messages. When i open the Facebook page after that, then i come to know that the notifications and messages occurred few hours ago. Has anyone else faced the same issue with Facebook Messenger in Firefox browser???