Thread: How to Install Opera Browser on Linux, Wii & Debian

How to Install Opera Browser on Linux, Wii & Debian

How to Install Opera on Linux

Install the .deb package provided on the Opera site. Now if you would like to install Opera from Synaptic follow these simple steps:

For doing this you will have to go to system and then you will have to go to Administration and in that you will have to click on Package Manager. Now over you will have to insert the admin password. So a window will be opened, there you will have to type in the search space opera. After doing that you will have to select Opera and wait while the system downloads and installs the package. Now as you have installed the new opera mini web browser just enjoy it for opening it you will have to Application and in that you will find Internet and in internet you will find Opera so just click on it and start using it.

Install Opera on Wii

Now I would like to show you how to install Opera on Wii:

• For installing this first of all you will have to start the Wii and after that you will have to go to Wii home menu.
    • After doing that you will have to choose Wii Shop channel. Let me tell you that this is basically found in all Wii’s. Now there you will have to agree to the license agreement.
    • Now you just have to choose “Start shopping”.
    • Now you will have to choose Wii channel and in that you will have to choose “Internet Channels”. Now let me tell you that you do not need to pay attention to the prompted in the Wii points. Now over here you will have to click on Yes option to verify and begin the download.
    • Now if you would like to use Opera you will have to go to Wii home menu and use it.

Re: How to Install Opera Browser on Linux, Wii & Debian

Install Opera on Debian

As much knowledge as I have I can tell you that you can install Opera on Debian in three ways.
    1. The First way is by using .deb package
    2. The Second way is by using .tar.gz package
    3. The third way is by using Synaptic Package Manager

I had already tried these ways and I got very error when I tried to install opera via second way as it was not have Libraries. So I tried to install opera by first way and it was installed perfectly just by using this code: dpkg -i opera*.deb

Now when you try to install via third way you will have to add a new additional storage area. For this you will have to edit the sources file in /etc/apt directory just by adding deb Index of /opera

After doing that you will have to open Synaptic Package Manager and there you will have to click on Reload. You can also use the search option which is available over there to search for the specific opera package. Now after doing that you will just have to click on install option and opera will be installed.

Hey The$Hulk, thanks for the great info. I wanted to have a little info too. Before i shoot my question i must say that it could be bit off topic but its related to Opera. Am having a Blackberry Curve, have installed opera on the same but it wont connect to internet. I mean i just can't open any page on my Opera, rest all internet apps work fine. Could help me any way here ?

If you have problems installing the Opera mini browser on your BlackBerry or the browser fails to connect to the Internet, here is a small guide to install and works well once and for all.

1. Enter the site - Opera Mini browser for BlackBerry Curve and select the version that says in addition "No Signature".
    You will see download links that say Verisign/Thawte/Multiple Certificates, do not give importance to all this kind of links and download only the unsigned version in the language you want.

2. Now you will have to opens the help page on your desktop and select the country you live and your ISP to determine the settings of APN. It is a fact that you will have to run Opera.

Now after doing all that you will have to open setting s in your BlackBerry Curve and in that you will have to go to Options once you have gone to the options you will have to go to Advanced Options and in advance option you will find TCP and over there you will have to type in the value of APN in the blank. Leave blank space for user name and password in case you do not have specifications that the Opera help site.

Once you have done all this steps you will find that Opera would be installed in your Blackberry Curve and it is ready to use.