Thread: How to use Picasa to Share photos

How to use Picasa to Share photos

Picasa is one of the best ways to share and store photos online. With Picasa you can have desktop software for manage Picasa. There are lots of good features and option with the Picasa’s web interface. If anyone looking for simple and easy way to share and store your photos along with the storage and flexibility as your photo album, then I would suggest you Picasa. Picasa is one best program for this.

Picasa and Google

you need Google account to work with the Picasa , if you don’t have Account then you should get started with new Account and those who have account just go to the site of Picasa and login with your gmail account.

If you have not upgrade the Google account’s storage Picasa by default comes with 1GB of free storage which separate from Google account storage. By default 1GB storage enough and if you want upgrade your storage for more space. Additional storage space will not cost high price and if you purchase additional space this will get shared with all other Google services, I think this is the nice feature. You can upgrade space as you want like updating options are available all the way up to 16TB, 1TB and also 80GB. I have purchased the 80GB for my account and I am able to use this space in all Google services.

Uploading Your Photos

Uploading photos on Picasa very easy and straight forward, first you should logged in to Picasa and after that make click on the upload button on top next to the tabbed navigation.

Once you finish the uploading, you will get option to upload photos to an existing album or do you want to create new album.

If you want to create new album make click on create new album. Now here you will get option as show in below picture and after that enter that all details like where the photos are captured and location of photo through Google maps. These all option are not mandatory you can leave then but you enter that title which you want. After finishing all opyion make you have set the sharing options at the bottom page. If you want to keep the album public then you don’t have set the sharing options.

On Picasa there is option to share and notify your photo with friends, family or coworkers is a good and best feature to keep your friends, family or coworkers to view new updated photo albums. This is also useful in other way for e.g. Like if you don’t kept the public sharing, then your photo will not public and to view photo you should require sign-in.

Now you just need to choose the photos which you want and after that make click on the Start Upload. This is an web interface of Picasa Web Albums and the web uploader is terribly inefficient, to you think you have issue with the uploading file then Google recommended use Picasa desktop software to upload the photos and with this software you can manage photos as well. The Picasa desktop software will available in Picasa website and this application for free. Photo uploading with Picasa desktop software is right way. I always recommend you to upload your photo with the Picasa desktop software.

Re: How to use Picasa to Share photos

Desktop Software

With web uploader you can upload at least 2 to 3 photos but you can’t do more than that. So if you want to upload few photos at a time then you should download Picasa for the desktop with this you can upload multiple photos at the same time.

If your using the Mac and then I would like to suggest to you use iPhoto instead use the Picasa Web Albums uploader within iPhoto. I have suggest this because desktop software to manage my photos although to upload photos I would like to suggest something as light and fast as possible like iPhoto or you can use Picasa Web Albums uploader if your uploading single photos.

With Picasa uploader you upload photos fast and straight forward. You just need to pull your photos or video into the sidebar spot and after that choose your settings, type your info and click upload that’s it. Once you finish the uploading you will get the confirmation to ask if you want to view your web album.

Upload Quality and Formats

There are lots of other photo storage and sharing web apps online but on Picasa your photo will not edited or compress or reduce the quality of your uploaded images and this main reasons to select Picasa compare to other online app like Flickr because Flickr will not work like Picasa

Picasa also support almost all image and video formats like .JPG and .TIF to .PSD and even a large selection of RAW formats, some image type or format take huge and large amount of space if we compare to JPG format. So I think with the Picasa you will get option and ability to easily manage and store these kinds of formats in Picasa. so i think Picasa is best option to upload all type images online.

Photo Management

Once you have successfully uploaded your photos you will get variety of option to sharing and organization photo. You can tag, caption, organize or reorder all uploaded photos in Picasa. Along with this you can also comment any photo. With Picasa you can also order prints, embed album galleries, etc and with you also get more and more options.

The best integration or feature I have liked in Picasa is Google Maps, with Google Maps you can edit location details of your photo where you have taken and you can easily viewing of your photo locations. Along with this you can choose manually or let the Picasa detect location info automatically with the help of your photos details and album Google Maps.

Photo Sharing

According to me Picasa lacks some more advanced sharing and I think this bit improved. When you click on the Share button in an album carry for appealing people to view and also work together on your album. There is lots of method to share your picture in link to the album, I use this share picture generally photos because I get the option to connect to Twitter or Facebook. Along with this you can also optionally embed a customizable slideshow on your website on tables and embedded flash slideshow. If you don’t like the embedding options, Picasa also has an API available with this you can get into a higher level of customization. API is one of the best method to customization videos and photos.

Picasa has lots of new features and along with Picasa not integrated with social media as other sites and this doesn’t provide more advanced community sharing features like some other site does. Although I really like the Picasa because this has best storing and managing your photos especially with the desktop software, if you’re beginning photographer the Picasa is an easy way to store your mass assortment of photos and videos and also you can share handle them.

Along with this new features like Tags Picasa + Google: If you signed up for Google +, you may have noticed that the tags have acquired greater social importance. With Picasa 3.9, you can now upload and share your tags on Google + . Keep in mind that if you choose not to join Google +, the tag will not change. Effects of changing a new picture: Added many new editing effects such as vignette effect, two tones, borders and more. Share with your Google + circles: If you signed up for Google +, you can use Picasa 3.9 for shared directly with the circles that you created in Google + . Display your photos and videos in their stream of Google +. People who do not use Google + are not excluded. They will receive an email to view your album + Google and are not required to do so.