Thread: Wargame: European Escalation Multiplayer Tips

Wargame: European Escalation Multiplayer Tips

Wargame: European Escalation between 1975 and 1985, during the period of the Cold War. For the setting, which is shunned by more games to add a little spice, the responsible developer Eugen Systems team makes the cold a hot war. Meaning, the NATO countries (USA and Western Europe) are in a war with the Warsaw Pact (Soviet Union and Eastern Europeans). 351 units, the player can throw into the field as infantry fires at tanks, helicopters bomb flattened cars. Thanks to the iris zoom engine that we already know from the strategy game RUSE, you can ransomed in such close encounters. What has made up the charm of the unofficial World War II's predecessor, like us today? At the highest zoom level, we see a kind of map, divided into sectors that cannot peek inside while they have not been conquered. This macro is called for gameplay, whole armies can be moved, planned an attack. But when it goes into battle, we go with micro: Units can be selected individually, have individual targets to shoot with different ammunition. That's good, because without tactics is nothing here. Even with a tank-dominance can lose against some infantry, when she goes off at random. Follow the below sets of rules and this will helpful for Multiplayer:

1. Capture Areas: The Commend Units with Start can capture Objectives by position in them. Some areas on this game allow you to reinforcements (Arrowed areas) and give you points and units. The values of these are included in Commend name, for instance: Foxtrot 4 is worth four points / 5 second

2. Command Unit: When you start multiplayer game you will get limited number of Command units and if you lose lots of Command units you can’t go through the first steps, so therefore it important secure your Command units first. You should hide Command units from bushes, at least. The Command units are very high in cost, which means you will lost lots of points when enemy take your Command units. For most if you lost the all Command units, means you have lost the game, so you should secure your Command units and you can allow losing some units to take one CU down.

3. Scout: if you have got any recon units, just use them and this is very useful in game. While playing you know where the enemy comes from, so by using recon units you can have a more accurate artillery fire.

4. AA: This is most important thing, build at least 4 AA, you should start building 4 AA at start as this would put a huge impression on a full helicopter, Tactics and this is adequate against air support.

5. Use Cover: Like if you put any tanks in hedges, opposition will have an edge over any units to attack them. Infantry wit Forest will endure for long enough to attack with the special weapons. Units are very hard to spot for the enemy and if you have Cover then you can shoot without being seen.

6. Unchecked Areas: Don’t try to charge unchecked areas although if there are any enemies in unchecked areas. If you seen any enemies in unchecked areas then go through below rule.

7. Enemy: before charging I would like to recommend you to reduce enemy self-confidence so that enemy becomes less capable than your own. The Artillery not here to kill, it's just to panic units, so that enemy become less efficient although some of units are good at both though.

8. Always keep your units resupplied: keep you’re Units fully supplies because if your units don’t have supply hat means you can shoot and repair and this ultimately leads to loosing game. So you should keep your units resupplied always. Second think Supply units are not secure because they can be captured by enemies and even helicopters as well.

9. Fight Dirty: Any war won by playing fair, so you should fight dirty and you get the same in return.

10. FOBs: FOBs are most important for units because FOBs help you to resupply your supply units, one for small game is good and two if you have artillery intensive and bad Tactic. The size of FOBs depending on game.

11. Cover your reinforcement lines: while units enter to battlefield through arrowed area they can have surprise attack rather easily. So it’s important to cover your reinforcement lines.

12. Deployment Stage: during the deployment stage you should aware Road are faster than the plains, forests, bushes, hill etc. so I would like to recommend you to deploy near roads and make "move fast" command at start of game when come close to objectives

13. Forests: King of Jungle or forests is an modest infantry. So you should use law-type rockets to attack forest and along with the tanks. Try to use missile units to surprise attack areas from forests and utilize the stinger-like units to take down unsuspecting Air support.

Re: Wargame: European Escalation Multiplayer Tips

Hello Good tips and I would like to add some points for to protect your FOB's, I have also played this game and there are lots of time I have been destroy FOB's from range because they are not protected and open, visible to enemy. FOB’s are an most important factor for this game because they are supplying units, if your units are unsupplied then you can’t build them after the initial setup and you will lose game very badly. So I think we should protect our FOB’s first and along with the Units.

if your going to use artillery then you should move them in but i still staying behind the main force, because behind the main force artillery fire accurately and on other hand albeit have keep resupplying when they needed and easier prey for enemies. i also think Keep some supply units behind your main force is good idea and you should also verify resupply them at FOB's

I would also advise building new FOBs in captured territory to reduce the lengths of your supply lines. It really does suck sending your supply trucks from one end of the map to the other. Great tips and thank you for your post. There is not much on this game as of yet.