Thread: Other features in Google

Other features in Google

Other than just searching, you will also be able to do some easy maths on that and I want to share some of them that I know over here.
    • Just type any numeric equation in google and press enter. This will show you result of that.
    • If you want to get official time for any location then just type "county name" <space> time in google and press enter. You will get time for that location. Like "india time"
    • Type "12 kilometers in miles" in google and press enter. It will give you result of that.

These are some of the treaks that I know about this and I request all the other users who know some other tricks to post that over here.

Re: Other features in Google

There is one more thing with google. If you want to search for some word and also the similar words (synonyms) of that then just add ~ before the word and search for that.

If you wish to search something that belongs to some particular site only then also there is one way to do that. This is called internal search. Just open google and there type "site:<website address><space><keyword>" and this will show you the result of the keyword only from the website that you have mentioned.

Eg: site:techarena.in nokia E5

Using Wildcards

You can use wildcards. That is, the symbol '*' can be used to replace a word, and provide some searches. For example:

"The * years"
    "The * * years"

Upper and lower case

It is necessary to distinguish between upper and lower case. These two searches produce the same results:

News
    news

To get more information on this, you can look for the below threads and I am sure that you will find that useful: