Thread: Facebook Tips and Tricks

Facebook Tips and Tricks

One of my Facebook account get hacked and I failed to recover that account. Anyway, that is gone now and now I have created my new account and using that from last one month. I don’t want it to be happened with my new facebook account as well and so I want this to be protected. So I am starting this thread here. If you can post some tips for Facebook here then this will be really helpful for not only me but also for the many of the other users who are searching for the same.

Re: Facebook Tips and Tricks

If you find that there is some application which is not necessary then just click on "x" there as this is also a source to hack someone's account. Third-party applications are critical to spy or Facebook apps, the personal data. If you the first time the Facebook application to allow the application to access your profile obtained, the programmer of the application via a detour to access your personal information and can display it. To restrict the access of third party applications, use the command "Account | Privacy Settings" and click on the bottom of the "Applications Web Pages" on "Edit your settings". Then click on the line "applications that you are using" "Edit settings".

You must do the Privacy setting to make your profile . To do that just go to "Account" -> "Privacy Settings" and Click on "View Settings" at the top of the page. Here you will find the information you share with everyone (friends or not). You can set access rights to your information by clicking the associated menu to the right. You can choose from Everyone / Friends Only / My friends and their friends / Customize.

Normally, the Facebook profile only with username and password protected. However, if spot unauthorized password or guessed, they have free access to Facebook profile. You can not prevent, but at least control who accessed again when Facebook account. Facebook has hidden in the settings of another security mechanism, which allows you to control access to the Facebook account.

If you wish to turn on the access control then:
    • you will have to first Log in to Facebook and then click the top right of the arrow and "Account Settings".
    • Second Then click on the "Security" right "registration confirmation" on the "Edit".
    • Third To enable access control, select the option "Require you to enter a security code when an unknown device trying to access my account" and "save changes" click. It will also activate the field "Logon Notifications" notifications by e-mail.
    • 4th Click on the arrow and "Logout" to log out on Facebook.
    • 5th Then log on to your main computer with the access again on Facebook.
    • 6th Now you must assign a name unique to your PC, such as "home computers", "Office", "living room" or "home". You can also use cryptic names that can be guessed from outside not as easy as "home-kr220389". Confirm your entry with "Continue".

I am using facebook from a long time and it is never hacked. One thing that you must take care is that the password should be protected and you must not tell the password to anyone.

Here are some of the points that you need to take care for this.
    • Accept only "friends" that you really know
    • Change your password regularly
    • Use only applications from sites you trust
    • Use a secure connection
    • Avoid making browser to remember password

To use applications, you usually give permission to use your profile information. Always ask yourself whether the provider of the application is reliable. In known applications that are commonly used, there is probably no danger but be careful because prevention is always better than cure.

Make sure that you are having updated antivirus in your computer. Anti-virus software can prevent hackers or malicious software on your Facebook profile in your computer courses. Always allow an anti-virus program on your computer that you regularly provide an update. This is very important to have for the prevention prospective.