Thread: Tips for Virus Prevention and Detection

Tips for Virus Prevention and Detection

I have recently bought a new computer and the first thing that I need to tell you that I am new to computer. I want to keep my system protected from the viruses and so I need some suggestion from your people for this. I would be happy if you can provide me some useful tips that how can I prevent my computer from the viruses. Thank you in advance.

Re: Tips for Virus Prevention and Detection

I have some of the important points for virus prevention.
    • Do not open email attachments from unknown source, suspect, or not legitimate. Some viruses are capable of spreading via email automatically without the sender knowing.
    • If a suspicious attachment must be opened, it is best to save it on your hard disk, the file will be checked by the anti-virus once a copy on disk.
    • Delete chain letters and spam (Spam). Please do not forward or reply to them, because they serve to confirm the validity of your email address. This type of email is considered a form of spam, because it is unsolicited, intrusive and increases the network traffic.

You should make sure that you have made the backup of your files regularly. It is important to have a backup copy, if a virus managed to infect your computer and destroy your files, all will be lost. A file recovery is much easier to do than to recreate all your work. You can save on the network (P account: the user), copy on disk, or burn to CD (CD). If you think you have a virus, call the customer service and a technician will assist you.

Today our computers are easy targets of programs called "malware". Examples of malware include viruses, worms and Trojans, Spyware, Adware, Dialers. It is necessary to have the right tools to protect our pc and avoid problems, ensuring their safety. Internet has become a major means of transferring information between computers, and therefore, today is the largest point of entry for viruses and threats.

Regularly check your computer with several updated Antivirus. Always keep our software current is suitable for repairing computer vulnerabilities and get new features. Never have more than one antivirus permanently monitored (as this can lead to complications). Use an always active, and others just to check. Having two or more active antivirus is not at all recommended (will be accessing the same resources and generate conflicts).

Never run a program without having checked before. Especially if we receive it by email or downloaded from websites of dubious reliability. Never attempt to install an application without first checking, whatever their source: Internet, CD s, attached to e-mails received via Messenger, etc.).. Without being exaggerated, I can say that until the original software legitimately distributed by their manufacturers, may contain virus.

There is a constant risk today for those who use some form of e-mail service. Highly destructive programs can be automatically sent via e-mail, attached to a friendly message or making us believe he is someone we know. The most advisable to not directly open any email with a "subject" unknown or suspicious activities. There are viruses that take over the address book of the infected computer and sends itself to all contacts of this book. If you get any of such email message the simply delete that without opening that. This is the only safe option for you.

Getting the backup is one of the most important thing for this and so you must make regular backups of all important data. A backup is basically replicas of data that allow us to recover the original information if necessary. Keep backups in a safe place. Having two rewritable CD and DVDs so go there periodically copying our valuable information every certain period of time and this is a good habit to protect any data loss. It is for each user to determine what data, according to their importance and that will be stored in the backup.

The updated antivirus database is one of the best weapons for prevention in the fight against viruses. Subscribe to free newsletters or security bulletins for information about the latest virus information and new products on the market.

If you want to protect your computer against viruses then here are some tips for protecting your system:
    • Install an effective antivirus software on your computer and update it regularly.
    • Never open attachments to e-mail unless you know the sender and content.
    • Use the Firefox browser (free and secure). Indeed, Firefox blocks sites that contain viruses and it will notify you when this happens.
    • Never download files from a suspicious site.
    • Never download files from pirate site or a torrent site because most of the files they contain are illegal and infected with viruses.

Viruses can also spread from the memory storage devices. The nature of the virus to replicate and be added to a file or program. Today, equipment for data storage such as flash drives, external hard drives, memory cards and USB flash drives are very common, thus the virus can be easily copied and spread from one computer to another with this equipment.

There are as many types of viruses that means that they enter your computer, especially if your computer has no antivirus. So make sure that you are having an updated antivirus and I would recommend you to make use of the Microsoft security essentials.

There are some of the people who are using more than one antivirus in the computer but this is really dangerous for the PC. So make sure that you are having just one antivirus but that must be updated.