Thread: MAC OS x86 10.7 Lion USB stick installation for Asus P8P67Pro and P8P67 based systems

MAC OS x86 10.7 Lion USB stick installation for Asus P8P67Pro and P8P67 based systems

Guys I have made this thread to inform you all something about the same. well the topic you all are quite familiar with on how to do the usb installation for the mac os users. So I am listing down some of the steps make sure that you work on it and in case if you have any issues then do let me know about the same, so here are some of the simple steps that you need to follow over here, lets hope that works out for you.
    1) Get your disk utility so that it can perform the formatting function on USB stick as mac os extended with GUID partition table.
    2) Now what you will have to do is that you will get to see the option of Install Mac OS X Lion.app, right click on that and you need to select the show contents option.
    3) Now select and open the 'Contents/SharedSupport' folder so that you will be able to see the contents of that folder.
    4) Now make sure that you have enabled show all the files option while performing the above operation.
    5) Now you will get to see the InstallESD.dmg file, just right click on it and then open it using the disk image mounter option. Also check out the BaseSystem.dmg and open that with the disk utility option.
    6) Now go to the disk utility search for the BaseSystem.dmg file and on finding it restore it. now comes the most important step of the whole process, make sure that you drag the usb drive to the destination box, on doing that make sure you perform the coming two processes very sharply, uncheck erase destination and then select Restore option.
    7) This process will surely take some time, now after that process is completed then go to the installation folder and if you find the package alias then delete it.
    8) Now do one thing right click on Install Mac OS X Lion.app. now again select the show all contents option and that will be the perfect option for you to try with, so do that.
    9) Open that folder and then click on InstallESD.dmg file so that you will be able to mount it.
    10) Check if you have copied the packages folder in the new location i.e. MacOS X Install ESD folder and if not then do copy it as soon as possible.
    11) Check if you have still enabled the show all files and if not then do it as soon as possible now after having done that copy the 'mach_kernel' from the 'MacOS X Install ESD' folder to the root of usb stick.
    12) Now if there is any folder that is left to be copied make sure that you do copy it in the root of the usb, that’s a perfect option it seems.
    13) Now at the end you need to run the andyboot5 package that you get the packages right of that respective motherboard. So do try with that and let me know if that works out for you.

Re: MAC OS x86 10.7 Lion USB stick installation for Asus P8P67Pro and P8P67 based systems

Wow! This is something that looks great, so thanks for mentioning me about the same, so appreciate the efforts that you have out in to give us some interesting ideas about the same. Well I have a small query that I would like to clear it with you. now in the 5th step you have mentioned that InstallESD.dmg is it ok if I can do the same thing with the BaseSystem.dmg because the operations that you have specified can only be done with the BaseSystem.dmg, since InstallESD.dmg is not there in my system, so what do you have to say about the same.

Re: MAC OS x86 10.7 Lion USB stick installation for Asus P8P67Pro and P8P67 based systems

Yes if you can do that then there is no harm in trying with the same, that’s what I feel here. I am sorry that I did not mention about the same in the above step and I really apologize for that, rest all of the operations will remain the same. so my advise fro you is that continue with the one you are doing right now and let me know if this step did work for you all or not. Do let me know as soon as possible with the necessary replies. I am really waiting for the necessary reply from you all.