Thread: Basic tips to setup Arch Linux

Basic tips to setup Arch Linux

There were lots of people planning to use Arch Linux this time. Here is a short tips thread which cover basic information on Arch Linux whith its setup, basic commands, etc.

What are the benefit of Arch Linux. There is something better in Arch Linux. Like a much better updated Kernel. This provides excellent hardware detection. This distro of updating does not require reinstalling new versions. Arch Linux system needs Debian base system and only after that you can install the graphical mode. The most common problem that you face on Linux distros setup is audio and video setup.

Arch is not recommended for novices distribution. One aspect that I look at one more operating system is its package management system, because it will depend on how comfortable it can be adapted to our needs and keep the system up to date and free of inconsistencies and conflicts. Here too I was very pleasantly surprised Arch pacman utility, much like the system using Debian.

So how is easy to use and to update the system pacman (pacman-Suy) can be followed by the installation of the graphics system (pacman-S xorg) and KDE 3.5.2 (pacman-S kde), Gnome 2.14 (pacman - S gnome), Enlightenment (pacman-S enlightenment) or Xfce (pacman-S xfce4), to name a few. The units are set automatically and within minutes we console text to a system with all the fancy stuff to use any graphical desktop. Always keep it the Arch web resources, either on another machine or in the same.

It should initially enable testing of deposits ArchLinux. To do this, just type the corresponding lines in / etc / pacman.conf:

Then, a simple update and install gnome-gnome-shell and tweak-tool will do the rest:
    Code:
    $ Sudo pacman-Suy
     $ Sudo pacman-S gnome-shell gnome-tweak-tool
    Basic Setup :
    • Boot from Arch Linux bootable disc
    • The shell : loadkeys de
    • To start installation : / Arch / setup
    • Now choose the installation source. You can locate the CD rom for the source setup.
    • Later on Set Clock and follow the screen commands.
    • If you had Linux based partitions then this step is not needed. Or else you can try using Gparted to create partitions. Choose Auto-Prepare option. For advance users you can manually prepare the partition.
    • Later on select the Packages you want in the operating system.
    • Run packages and then Run / Etc / rc.conf: to setup your systems basic configuration.

Package gnome-tweak-tool is not essential. However, it can make some adjustments to the interface and it is quite significant for certain things. I find the interface really beautiful. A lot of work to graphic design was done and it's very nice. Dynamic management of workspace has been added. The principle is simple, there is always one and only one workspace available free. When you open a window into a new space is created and vice verse. The schedule / agenda included.

Re: Basic tips to setup Arch Linux

At first I had something installed and such, but after several attempts I got it. With Arch Linux I was going back to basics like working with GNU / Linux distro quick, entertaining, updated daily, easy to maintain, fully participatory, etc. They are stable, useful and safe . Arch Linux is what I searched intensively by Debian, CentOS, OpenSUSE, Kubuntu, Slackware, Gentoo and many other distros GNU / Linux that went through my computer.

There is as such a version of Arch Linux, but the renewal is constant. The system BSD-style boot just great, not to mention the rc.conf, almost the only thing to configure the system you play. Systems package very similar to debian, which means that the automatic management of dependencies. Packages are named and the author software. That is, do not expect to install kedit and kwrite, kdebase is installed over. In my humble opinion, I think it is a distribution that will hit hard in the future.

In my views Gentoo is a distribution very powerful, flexible and adaptable. What makes Gentoo different from the others. Gentoo has three modes called stages of installation. The sources of low repositories and compile tailored to your machine, the installation is slower but the result is evident then as the most optimistic. It does not compile anything on your machine, install any CD or repositories but pre-compiled. Gentoo also puts you at the controls of a console with Internet access in minutes, can do more and better without any assistant do it for you.