Thread: Tips for Preloaded Symbian Applications/System

Tips for Preloaded Symbian Applications/System

Use Bluetooth Devices to Automatically Change Profile
    • First, paired the headset, ensuring that promises to be an authorized connection (i.e., always connect automatically)
    • Secondly I created a custom profile.
    • Go to Settings> Profiles .Click Options> Create new profile .Set all the desired options (ringtones, touch screen vibration, etc.) .Be sure to give a name (otherwise it will be called "New Profile")
    • Third go to Settings> Phone> Accessories .in 'Hands Free' to change the default profile for the newly created .in 'headphones' change the default profile for the newly created .

After that, simply turn off the headset and then back on. When you have to restart you get two messages, the first Bluetooth device is reconnected, the second says the profile has changed. I do this because it's easier to have a headset profile that works well if I'm in the office (and do not need ringtones at full volume) or in the car and did not want to play with the phone to see who is calling / messaging. And with the built-in piece of voice call, I can receive a call / message, ignore it, and then simply speak into the handset to call the person. Never put a hand on my mobile. The best part is that it is incorporated. Third party applications can further customize the profiles to give you more options.

Re: Tips for Preloaded Symbian Applications/System

Set Timed Backups
    First what you can backup:
    • All (All)
    • Setup (Preferences folder agreements, etc)
    • Messaging (SMS, MMS, and emails that are in the messaging application)
    • Contacts
    • Calendar entries
    • Bookmarks (from the embedded web browser only)
    • The files (as far as I know, this includes everything from memos Favorite Places)

Second, how over and over again you can make copies of articles:
    • Never
    • Daily
    • Weekly

Now, you can never choose, and do this as a backup once. But that kind of defeats the objective law. Ideally, a weekly backup is the best. To establish that the time that are definitely not using your mobile.After that, just sit back and let things backup. Depending on the model, you can get a message asking that the area of external memory that you would make backups. Cons: no way to configure profiles for backup, or a combination of several types of backup. This is only a function of simple and easy - but built in - and another jewel in the Symbian devices is quite clear.

Doing a full restore is good when doing a simple format the entire device, or a reflash. In this case, the configuration of the restoration will not have adverse effects on the operating system or applications because they are simply the restoration of these structures. When upgrading to a newer firmware version, one should not fully recover, since preferences - options - are more often than not the areas that see the updates. There are optimizations in any of the settings or the execution of their routines, and therefore the restoration of these on-top a newer firmware will almost certainly cause more problems than solutions.

I've only done a thorough cleaning of my N97 and if I did not do a restore as I was using the cloth / restore to wipe the device completely. So I ended up taking the better part of a weekend doing things like installing applications and values, re-add contacts (easy), add back the calendar items (it is almost impossible, I've changed a lot of your old notes instead of events), and reorganization of files, applications, folders, etc.PalmOS and Windows Mobile devices are quite similar to Nokia in this regard. The settings / preferences can be unpleasant when you go to a higher level - but not when only the restoration in the same state.

Configuring Data Connections
    In almost all Nokia devices, and most of the latest Samsung Symbian device, a server application called Setup Assistant (usually buried in the settings area, but sometimes also as a check for application in Applications).For most carriers, this application will be able to read information from data connectivity to connect your company's SIM card, and then set these options on your device. Carriers are not covered by this application (there are probably less than a handful) can get the values of your company, then enter the settings manually in the area> connectivity device.

Automatically Connecting to Wi-Fi Networks
    In Symbian, there is no easy way to connect to Wi-Fi. You only need to activate Wi-Fi scanning. Depending on the device, one or two parts as follows:
    For those with Symbian S60 3.2 and earlier devices:
    • You need to activate Wi-Fi scanning the screen (active screen). This continually seeks access points Wi-Fi throughout the device if you have previously connected to them or not.
    • Then you must go to Settings (or Tools> Options)> Connectivity> Wi-Fi and set Wi-Fi scanning "On" and then set the scan interval. Setting this to 10 minutes is as rare as can be, and for most devices, this does not put a significant loss of the battery.

For those with Symbian ^ 1 (S60v5) and later:
    • You will go directly to the connectivity settings> or click on the side of the battery indicator of the status bar at the top right of the screen. If you are connected to a data network, you will see an arrow of two solids. Click the double arrow and this will lead to connectivity.
    • Wi-Fi and set Wi-Fi scanning "On" and then set the scan interval. Setting this to 10 minutes is as rare as can be, and for most devices, this does not put a significant loss of the battery.

Destinations/Access Point Priority Settings
    For those with Nokia E-Series 1 or Symbian device brands that want to make sure that you save the access point Wi-Fi in its list of destinations. You also want to ensure that all applications to access data services are configured to use your main destination (the collection of access points). It's a good idea to have a single set of destinations (I use "Internet" option by default) and then ensure that all applications would use only to use that one. Some applications do not use the destination, and it would have to choose the access point (Wi-Fi or cellular) that best suits your needs. If you find that you will not use their mobile data at all is a good idea to create a destination and you do not keep (some people have two of the data and MMS). And then make all your applications to use only the collection of destinations that do not have your wireless access point on the list.