Thread: Online File Sync Speed Test: Mozy, Dropbox, SpiderOak, Mesh, SugarSync

Online File Sync Speed Test: Mozy, Dropbox, SpiderOak, Mesh, SugarSync

Well I wondered how long it takes for the files to synchronize the first time? If there is one thing that puts many people in the synchronization of files from online services and backup, is the length of time it takes to perform the initial load. It is true that if you're planning to upload many GB of data that will probably take a while. So the best I can do for you is to try five of the most popular (and free) online backup and file synchronization services to see how long it took. I can perform a test of how long it takes each of the files online backup and storeroom that is the perfect storing place so called from the list below to upload files of 478MB - a round number. The files are a mixture of compressed format (JPG) and uncompressed images.

Re: Online File Sync Speed Test: Mozy, Dropbox, SpiderOak, Mesh, SugarSync

Windows Live Mesh 2011

This application is part of Windows Live is basically what allows you to synchronize folders and take remote control of a PC is very practical for me to have my music sync between my desktop and my notebook can not be downloaded separately is part of the Live Essentials suite personally do not like the messenger again. oh I forgot you can also synchronize against 5gb 5gb if the cloud SkyDrive. "Windows Live Mesh, you can also build your own little P2P network. I hope that you are getting my point here .

MozyHome

Your online storage, simple and secure The hard drive crashes, virus attacks or the loss of important documents are all bad news for a user. Fortunately, Mozy allows everyone to easily make secure online backups at a cost affordable. Once you have installed the client software, you can work with confidence, knowing that your photos, music, emails and other important documents can be archived online. If you do not need more than 2 GB of storage space, free version of this service will suit you perfectly. If you are honest to yourself, you will be bound to admit that the backup on your computer to those activities is the best back over the tip. In short: It does not make them. Now and then on a hot, the idea flashed through my mind that you should back up but once again. Occasionally you can follow that thought with action. However, it can probably be more out of the question for most of computerists-planned, systematic data back to the rule.

SpiderOak

With the online storage service SpiderOak push up to 2 GB of data in a virtual folder on the web. No matter whether for backup purposes, as a common data platform, or to synchronize with other devices - with SpiderOak you get 2 GB of free disk space on the Web. A client software or web interface gives you access to your data. Particularly noteworthy are the sophisticated backup options, including rights management, which offers SpiderOak. An excellent choice that we use is SpiderOak, it is a software that allows any user to back up your important information and documents on the Web, the interesting thing about this utility is that it provides us with 2GB for free, for us to keep and and maintain our important information is always available wherever you go. SpiderOak allows you to backup the information and synchronize, share, and it can be accessed from anywhere, well, only need access to the Internet. It is a fully cross-platform software compatible with Windows 7 , Vista, XP, etc., as well as Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, openSUSE, Mac OS X, among others. For now is only available in English.

Dropbox

With the free tool, Dropbox is the sync data on multiple PCs as easy as never before: After installation, you only need to type a name, e-mail address and a password before the folder "My Dropbox" window opens. When pulling in data that are transmitted in encrypted form to a server that stores it. Now you can look for password input easily from another PC on your shared data access - with no USB sticks or external hard drives. The whole thing also works without installing the program itself: the site of DropBox you also get to your folder that you make available to other users of the tool can also simultaneously. For non-registered users can easily create a file for each download link. In the free version has 2 GB of memory. If that is not enough, for about $ 10 per month or $ 100 in rent 50 GB disk space.

SugarSync

Dropbox is currently the leader in virtual hard disks no one disputes. But this does not mean there are no other alternatives as good as Dropbox, but do not enjoy the popularity of it. Such is the case with SugarSync, Dropbox a great alternative to giving us up to 5 GB of storage in the cloud. On top of this storage capacity larger SugarSync has little to envy Dropbox in functionality. It has clients for Windows, Mac and Linux, from which we can easily upload our files to the cloud. In this way not only raw storage but also the comfort to carry your files to the cloud. But also do not forget to mobile devices, from iPhones to Symbian phones, which today we cannot forget this option, because many times the virtual hard disks come to be the perfect complement to overcome lack of storage of our phones or tablets do not always have the capacity we would like.