Thread: Unlocking Huawei E220 HSDPA modem

Unlocking Huawei E220 HSDPA modem

Hello guys I have found out some of the steps that are necessary for unlocking the Huawei E220 HSDPA modem through which we will be able to access other networks for free. The solution that have been provided over here is true and accurate and personally tested and so you can make use of it without any kind of a problem.

To carry out the unlocking procedure you will have to make sure that you have got the following list of software and components along with you.
    The most important Huawei E220 HSDPA modem.
    Secondly Firmware E220, Hex Editor, QMAT and E220 SimLock Unlock Tool.

Step 1

Firstly you are required to have a software pack essential for unlocking Huawei E220 HSDPA modem, you can easily download the same from the internet and can even install it on your system. Just make sure that you scan the software after you have downloaded it to avoid any problem latter on.

You will also required to have the E220 Firmware installed on your system which is specially required to detect the Hardware Interface.
    The next are the Hex Editor, QMAT and E220 SimLock Unlock Tool which is just a exe file and you can easily install them by simply double clicking the same on your system.

Step 2

Secondly you will have to take the SIM card out and connect it to the E220 USB Modem to the PC and at the same time run the E220 Firmware. After doing this you will be prompted with a window just like when you install any software and you will have to check the I accept the agreement checkbox for the process to take place.

Now you will have to wait for some time for it to detect the modem interface. Once the modem gets detected you will get a window where you will have to Press Cancel. Now for the Firmware Update Process to complete you will have to click on yes.

Step 3

Now you will have to Run QMAT and select Hardware Forensics inside that you will have to make Use Com/USB Port:

After that you will find version number along with successfully Send Command at Bottom of the window if you have properly set the COM interface. If not then make sure you are selected correct COM interface

Finally you will have to choose Read EFS and locate the End address as 00001000 and then click on Lets Go. After this you will be prompted to save the file as Flash.bin and save it wherever you want. If everything is perfect then you will get Successfully read EFS.

Step 4

In the 4th step the main procedure is to be done, you will have to Run XVI32 Hex Editor and Open the file Flash.bin which you had saved in step 3.
    Next you will have to go to menu item, Search, Find and look for the String 53 64 2C 00 in the dump.

Step 5

Finally you will have to Run E220 SIM Lock Unlock by entering the unlock code of your modem that you had obtained in your previous step. Once this is done the Huawei E220 HSDPA Modem is completely unlocked and you can enjoy connecting it to any network.

Re: Unlocking Huawei E220 HSDPA modem

As mentioned by you that a software pack is essential unlocking Huawei E220 HSDPA modem but it is not mentioned what or which kind of software pack I need to install. Actually I am also facing the similar kind of issue whether the I want to unlock the Huawei E220 HSDPA modem the steps that listed above are really fine but please be specific regarding the pack that to be install. I am waiting for the quick response.