Thread: Gimp as a 'box' Start for Linux Mint

Gimp as a 'box' Start for Linux Mint

Gimp starts with 'box' as it is known by her Paint Shop or Photoshop. To install the necessary script in the console enter the following line: -O / usr / local / bin / gimpbox, dannach share the rights to: sudo chmod + x / usr / local / bin / gimpbox now in the Start Menu to change the command for Gimp: Go to the Gimp icon, right click and edit settings, Command in gimpbox% U modify. If the command does not like to reset gimp2.6% U. In practice, the reduced (at least subjectively) the waiting time for GIMP 2.8. It will be better if you find the handling to get used to GIMP, which creates at least visually remedy. I hope that this tip will help you.

Re: Gimp as a 'box' Start for Linux Mint

I found it quite handy on a small screen that you could put the Werkezugleiste etc. to another desktop and edit the image in full screen mode. Meanwhile, this is not really necessary, and sometimes it sucks already on it, that you have 3 separate windows handle. In the home can be really awful lot to do with Gimp, I'm here already believe that it exceeds the needs of many "hobby pixel pusher". At least in my circle use most of it (whatever kind) graphics program, crop images, or zoom out. (But always asked first if they could have Photoshop.) Only if you really want to do complicated things to get to the borders of Gimp, for example in terms of speed. But I find a free program makes it extremely much.

I would say so, I think it's practical. I am Planning my move to Mint enjoyed working with Paint Shop. After some training, even if not yet complete, we can say I think it is at least equal to the Gimp. And that's the nice thing there is to discover a tremendous amount. Mint does not work under 8 for me. I cannot type a command, what I want; Gimp will always start in the old mode. Any ways thanks for the tip that you have given. I will be waiting for other tips from your side.

Python bindings for the wnck library must be loaded from synaptic: python-wnck. Thereafter, the call works via terminal but there are warnings:
    Snowy @ PREDATOR-Strupp ~ $ gimpbox
    ** (Gimpbox: 11 809): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'WnckWindowState' when in fact it as enum is of type 'GFlags'
    ** (Gimpbox: 11 809): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'WnckWindowActions' when in fact it as enum is of type 'GFlags'
    ** (Gimpbox: 11 809): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'WnckWindowMoveResizeMask' when in fact it as enum is of type 'GFlags'
    Snowy @ PREDATOR-Strupp ~ $
    It will be tough to post routes and recommendations, which "seem" right and work for everyone, if their system is no longer standard.