Thread: cannot scan Document in HP Laser jet M1005 MFP Printer

cannot scan Document in HP Laser jet M1005 MFP Printer

i am unable to scan any Document in HP Laser jet M1005 MFP Printer below screen error disply Scanner error 12)please give the soluation

re: cannot scan Document in HP Laser jet M1005 MFP Printer

This seems that driver of the scanner might got corrupted and that is why lost its functionality. To get rid of this issue i will advise you to uninstall and then reinstall the driver for the HP scanner and then check whether the issue persist or not. Also if possible the use the uninstaller utility which will help you to remove the older driver completely from then system so that it will not conflict with the new driver. So try this out and let me know whether this is working for you or not.

Re: cannot scan Document in HP Laser jet M1005 MFP Printer

It is necessary to find out the cause behind your problem. Are you getting any error or the scanner application is not working. You had just mentioned that you are unable to scan. So that is not going to help much. I am having a separate scanner. When I try to scan it give me a scan error. I updated the drivers and it worked for few days. But later in completely stopped. I purchased a similar MFP which is working fine. In your case also you have to first locate that is causing the problem.

You have to provide the issue in detail. Still I am going to list some solution which you can try out. If the scanning is taking too much time then try to reduce the resolution. Keep the same at 200 dpi which is quiet enough. If you are trying color scanner then it might take really long time to scan, so try black and white first. Check that whether it works or not. Try to update the drivers also. You can find the latest driver download from the official hp website.

every error code will reflect to different issues.....just find out the issues and go with the solution....some will be due to hardware problem also, see that light flashing is heir or not with the scanner! to some issues we need to reinstall the drivers, because as their old one, default settings will be corrupted which leads to scanning issues...by installation we can easily resolve them.