Thread: Tips/Advice for buying Desktop PC

Tips/Advice for buying Desktop PC

I want to buy a new desktop computer system which would be used for Basic net surfing and 3D gaming (Not High Graphical). My budget is around Rs.30000/-. The new machine should be having at least RAM of 2 Gb or it would be better to have 4Gb ram. Which motherboard would be best to plant? I am planning to get the wireless keyboard and mouse but can anybody tell me how they performs? I am not so familiar with the PC Specifications due to which today I am in need to tips for buying the new one.

Re: Tips/Advice for buying Desktop PC

Speed: The rate of complete systems depends primarily on the processor , the graphics card and the memory (RAM). It should be at least a gigabyte of RAM installed - better two, so that Windows runs smoothly. How fast your computer to be depends on whether you work with it and surf the Internet or watch movies and play.
    Data Storage: The size of the hard drive can purchase a new computer be crucial. This is especially true when you save a lot of movies and photos. In most cases, complete systems are relatively easy to expand by more disks. A recent PC should also be equipped with a DVD burner.
    Image quality: The picture quality reaches the optimal level when the monitor is connected digitally via DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort. The presentation also depends very much on the screen type used (panel) of the monitor. Budget models usually have a so-called TN-panel - high-quality contrast-PVA panel.

At least six USB ports should your PC, at least two of them on the housing front. You do not have to crawl behind the cabinet, just plug a USB stick. Make sure that all connections meet the standard USB 2.0. Serial and parallel ports are indeed outdated, but still good to go to the emergency connection to the PC or take to connect a printer or a modem. A Firewire port does it take to play lossless video movies from a digital camcorder. Very important is a network connection. Make sure he brings a Gigabit transfer rate. The exploit, which at present very few networks, but that you are prepared for the future. This also includes inputs and outputs for sound. If the motherboard mastered Dolby sound should also be a digital audio output to be present to the sound data to a 5.1 amplifier. Complete computer you can easily buy on the Internet.

Here I have given you one Desktop PC specifications which you may find out useful for you as it fits in your budget as well. I suggest you to check about the same. One thing is for sure that this machine would be better to choose in this specific budget.
    • CPU: AMD Athlon X3 440 --- Rs.4560/-

• Board: MSI 785GM - E51 --- Rs.4000/-

• GraKa: AMD / ATI Radeon HD 5770 --- Rs.7400/-

• HDD: 1.5TB Samsung HD154UI --- Rs.5000/-

• Ram: DDR3 1333 (PC3-10600) 4GB Kit --- Rs.5700/-

• Housing: a matter of taste --- Rs.1425/-

• PSU: be quiet Straight Power 350W (L7-350W/BN104) --- Rs.2800/-

Best way to choose a best desktop system in the your budget would be to go on any local computer dealer who would be giving you an exact idea about the specifications. All you need to preselect is the motherboard, graphic card & processor. Even hard disk is not so considerable these days as you can easily increase its capacity by using the portable one. So I recommend you to go for Intel i3 processor with an Intel's motherboard. 4 GB of RAM, Better to select for two of 2GBs as it would be performing better then that of single 4Gb ram.

Hard disk space you can never have enough. As a rule, but come with 100 to 250 GByte quite far. This is sufficient for many photos of the entire MP3 music collection and also a few videos. However, if you buy the PC as a video recorder or to movie editing, it may be a little more disk space. Then 150 to 300 GByte and 500 GByte just right nor wrong. If you have enough space, you take a large tower case. They have not only more space, but are also easier to cool. In any case, it should be a mid-tower. The offer still enough room for expansion and need relatively little space. From small packages should be discouraged. Anyone who wishes to develop his computer once, such as with another optical drive, another hard disk or more cards, is found in small enclosures up little space.

Core2Duo E6600, ASUS P5W DH Deluxe board with Intel 975x chipset, 2gb 800mhz geil ddr2 memory, Enermax 600 power supply watt, Maxtor 320gb SATA300 hard drive, chieftec e-atx mid tower, asus nvida GeForce 7950GT graphics with 512MB memory and 256bit memory interface, floppy drive , samsung s-ata dvd-rom, multi dvd burner. With assembling such a computer should be under Rs.50000. which have then one of the strongest core2duo cpus, very good asus board with the current Intel chipset, the fastest memory at 800MHz, a strong power supply, a good and quiet hard drive, a spacious and stable housing, a graphic the upper middle class, a floppy disk drive for the installation of Windows XP on a hard drive sata, a fast optical reader and an IDE DVD burner to install windows xp and backing up the system, a boot from-from cd (which both do not go with sata). Now you may choose any cheaper graphic card for cutting the total cost. Even cheaper dvd burner can also be chosen as cheaper one.