Thread: Creating a 7-Zip Switchless Installer

Creating a 7-Zip Switchless Installer

1. Download and setup the newest version of 7-Zip.
    2. Create a folder to duplicate or copy each of the installation files to. If you are by means of an “.msi” contain “Msistub.exe” in the folder. Formulate certain the installer name is below 8 characters and has no spaces.
    3. Choose all of them and just right click on any file.
    4. Choose "Add to archive", that is below the select option.
    5. You can create the records name to anything you require it to be. Place the compression level to Ultra.
    6. Click on OK. One time the record is shaped; you can erase or remove all files apart from the record.
    7. Copy 7zs.sfx to the folder holding the archive. This one has no cancel key.
    8. If you wish for, you can modify the icon of the installer by putting back the icon in 7zS.sfx using ResHacker. For example, you can make use of the icon from the main program. Keep in mind to save 7zS.sfx while you are ended.
    9. Open Notepad and insert the following:
      “;!@Install@!UTF-8!
      RunProgram="program.exe –switch"
      ;!@InstallEnd@!”
      10. After that just save as “config.txt” with UTF-8 encoding or programming by choosing UTF-8 from the dropdown menu in the Save As dialog in Notepad. Save it to the similar file folder as 7zS.sfx and the 7z record.
    10. Open a command prompt. CD to the folder. After that write the subsequent command:
      “copy /b 7zs.sfx + config.txt + (whatever the archive name).7z (Installer_Name).exe”

That’s it. You are done this. Just try it once.

Re: Creating a 7-Zip Switchless Installer

Nice extremely understandable guide! Excellent! But why does u require this? "msiexec /i program.msi /qb-!\" what is the reason of the msiexec? I have quite a lot of msi installers and I not at all make use of this and it at a standstill works. A .msi is an install package which calls on “msiexec. msiexec /I” informs windows to install the .msi. Since 7-zip cannot call on “msiexec” straight we require Start to call on “msiexec” for us. Type in “msiexec /”? At run to see more.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

I make use of a rapid batch file converter to build my "Installer.exe". My “Installer.exe” is too minor than StartX.exe and I can put numerous commands in it. Just like “evilvoice's” method.
    With a bit of luck we will be seeing a rise in pre 7zip applications in the expectations I mean in the future. Startx is free and I know that it is awesome machines batch files converted using rapid batch file converter which does not work.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

There is an MSI installer of 7-zip? I was in fact appearing for a few days ago but did not discover anything. Even not on the official site, and even not anywhere else. Maybe it is in the innovative beta, but I cannot extract or examine that file without receiving an error that it is unsupported and the procedure cancelling.