Thread: How to disable Google Instant Search

How to disable Google Instant Search

Last week, Google introduced a new feature in its search engine. Google called it as Instant Search. This change was introduced to make search fast and interactive by showing you results instantly as you type. With Instant, your search has turned from a static HTML page into an AJAX application, similar to its Google Maps and Gmail. But not all the internet users likes this feature. There can be many reasons why most of you would like to disable it but the very common one comes out to be "connection speed".

So if you do not want this feature and would like to turn it off, simply make the necessary changes by clicking the link next to the search box on any search results page.

For example, search for "Apple" in google and you should get some result. At the very next of your search term, you will notice a link with title "Instant is on". Click "Instant is on" and then select "off (press Enter to search)".

That's it! You are done!

Re: How to disable Google Instant Search

If you want to disable Google Instant search and use the old search style, then it is very easy to do the same. And the best thing that I want to share here is that for disabling the same there is no need of having a Google account.
    Code:
    To disable Google instant go to Google.com > Search Settings (top right) > Google Instant Preferences > Select Do not use Google Instant

Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post

For example, search for "Apple" in google and you should get some result. At the very next of your search term, you will notice a link with title "Instant is on". Click "Instant is on" and then select "off (press Enter to search)".
    Thats great. But many people dont get that option, like me. My instant search is on but when am on google search, i cant see any such button/link of "Instant is ON" (See the image below). Am using Opera 11.50 and am logged in.

If you are not getting the "Instant is On" option near your search box, no problem. You can simply disable it from your preference settings. That too is much simple. Here is how:
    • Click on Preference.
    • Scroll down and you will see Section for "Google Instant"
    • Here mark on "Do not use Google Instant".
    • Scroll down and click on Save Preference.

Thats it. You are done.

Thanks for the quick reply buddy. But i have a new problem now (Sorry it sounds like a noob but ). As you said to click on Preference Link, am logged in but not getting any Preference Option. See this:

You can see that there is no Option of Preference. and as am on Google+ as well, when i click on on my name, a drop box appears but all of those options are for my Google+ Account and not for the normal search account. Even when i click on my Account Settings, it redirects me to the Google+ accounts. Am unable to find any such options at the bottom of this page. Please help me. Instant is very annoying.

Ooops. you were to close of that but missed. Anyways, the icon you can see, just right of your name is the settings icon. Simply click on that and you will get few options including "Search Settings".

Simply click this, scroll down, and mark "Do not use Google Instant" and save preference.