Thread: Migrating IP in cPanel

Migrating IP in cPanel

Hello,
    This document aims to assist clients to change their IP addresses in order to complete the migration to the network. (Linux operating system is considered here, but you can even do it on windows)

1. Reconfigure the server's primary IP address
    Note: Prior to the change, be sure to contact to confirm that your cPanel license is active for your new primary IP address. You can check the validation of a license on the official site

- Open the file / etc / sysconfig / network in a text editor:
    Code:
    nano / etc / sysconfig / network
    - Edit Entry GATEWAY to reflect the new gateway. Press CTRL + X to exit and save changes;
    - Copy the interface of the old address to an alias unused:
    Code:
    cp / etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 / etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0: 99
    - Open the file ifcfg-eth0 in a text editor:
    Code:
    nano / etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
    - Modify the IPADDR and NETMASK with the new network settings. Be careful to indicate the correct NETMASK. We must remove the entries and BROADCAST NETWORK, otherwise it may conflict with the new settings and make your server is unavailable. Press CTRL + X to exit and save changes;
    - Open the file from the old main interface ifcfg-eth0: 99:
    Code:
    nano / etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0: 99
    - Modify the entry to put eth0 DEVICE: 99 instead of eth0. Press CTRL + X to exit and save changes.
    - Reconfigure the network interface:
    Code:
    / Etc / init.d / network restart

2. Add additional IP addresses
    This step is necessary if you have multiple IP addresses configured on your server, including those for your DNS servers.

- Plugging in the interface "WebHost Manager (WHM) of your server.
    - Under "IP Functions" click "Add a New IP Address".
    - In "Ip (s) to add" include the additional IP address and "Subnet Mask" its netmask. Click "Do It" at the top.
    - Repeat steps 2 and 3 for any additional IP addresses to be added.

Re: Migrating IP in cPanel

3. Prepare for migrating cPanel

- Connecting to the interface "WebHost Manager (WHM) of the server.
    - Under "Server Settings" click "Basic cPanel / WHM Setup". In the top box, Main Shared Virtual Host IP ", change the address for the new main address of the server. Click "Save" at the bottom of the page.

Note: From now on all new sites created in the cPanel interface will be installed by default on the new IP address.

- It should now change the IP address of its DNS servers. Under "DNS Functions", click "Edit DNS Zone". Select the domain name corresponding to its DNS servers and click the "Edit".
    - Modify the entries in A ("Record Type") for DNS entries (eg ns1 and ns2) to point to the new IP addresses. Click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
    - Back in the WHM menu in "Networking Setup" click "Nameserver IPs". Under "DNS Functions", click "Edit DNS Zone". Select the domain name corresponding to its DNS servers and click the "Edit".
    - Modify the entries in A ("Record Type") for DNS entries (eg ns1 and ns2) to point to the new IP addresses. Click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
    - Back in the WHM menu in "Networking Setup" click "Nameserver IPs". Verify that the correct addresses for your DNS servers FIGS. If necessary adjust by deleting and recreating the DNS server.

4. Migrate sites with the "IP Migration Wizard" cPanel
    cPanel includes a tool called "IP Migration Wizard that allows you to easily migrate your sites to a new IP address.

- Connecting to the interface "WebHost Manager (WHM) of your server.
    - Under "IP Functions" click "IP Migration Wizard (RC2)".
    - In the box "Enter The New ips one per line:" include all the new addresses, including the main address of the server. Click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
    - Choose the new addresses for each of your sites. We recommend using the same IP address for all your sites, unless you have special needs. cPanel has already made a selection for you. Click on "Continue".
    - On the next page, read the message and click the "Continue".
    - cPanel will proceed with the reconfiguration of the server. This new configuration will listen to two sites on IP addresses simultaneously at the end can make the migration without service interruption. Once done, click the "Continue" button at the bottom.
    - Then proceed to the cPanel DNS configuration. All areas shall see to change their configuration updated to point to the new IP addresses.
    - Once at the page displaying "dns migration has been" Completed on this server "it is important to wait 48 hours. This time is necessary to end the DNS changes propagate over the network.
    - Verify that DNS propagation is completed by performing a "ping" to a site. The site should respond to the new address.
    - Back in the "WebHost Manager (WHM) and under" IP Functions ", click on" IP Migration Wizard.
    - Click the "Clicking Here" to complete the migration. cPanel will proceed with the reconfiguration of the server. This time cPanel remove special configuration in paragraph 6 above.
    - Finally, you can click the link "click here" at the bottom of the page to complete the migration.

I have joomla hosted on a shared server that works very well. I have a dedicated server at Iweb. I got my server in the time frames and everything is fine. My problem is that when I uploaded my site on my servers several new features do not work. I install Reg, some software on WHM but I still have a lot of BUG: Example chat not work coding problem. I'd like to know if anyone knows any tools that I installed on my server for my joomla site running as before. In fact like all the shared hosters. Any help on this? Thank you.