Thread: Hand topology

Hand topology

Hello everyone....

I want to share some of the tricks that I have tried out. This will be useful for the people who are interested in Computer Graphics.

I have tried to get a Hand topology, that is to deign a human hand. One has to think about the human hand and then, start with its designing.

So, first of all, scan your own hand and all the important edges of this copy has to be sketched, that it it must be outlined. Make sure that the outline of both the sides, that is the palm as well as the upper side has to be done.

After you are ready with the sketching of both the sides, there is a need to keep them one over the other. One has to be careful while the outline is done on the thumb area.

Re: Hand topology

I have succeeded in working out with the Hand topology. To make you guys aware about the problem that I was facing with the area near the thumb was solved by the outline that I had done, as mentioned in my above post.

I also faced problems while working out with the fingers area. I searched the web and found out that there is a method called grow fingers via extrusion technique.

Well, everything was a success till now. So, will have to go further with the completion of of the whole thing.

Re: Hand topology

I have now noted that the cuts of the specific areas like vertical and horizontal sides are to be taken care a lot.

The main region of interest while working with the Hand topology is the palm, rather than the other side of the hand. This is because the folds in the palm is a bit difficult to be created. The use of computer graphics is very vast in this case.

Well, I require the suggestions of all people in this case because I need to improve a lot.

Anyways, thanks to all and have a nice time........