Thread: 10 PIN Messaging Tips for New BlackBerry User

10 PIN Messaging Tips for New BlackBerry User

Here are the 10 BlackBerry BBM or PIN Messaging tips for the new Blackberry users:

1. To find or to share your PIN you need to press ALT + aA + H simultaneously from the screen or you can also do it in any of the message, you need to type the word mypin and then press space key.

2. You can see that in the BlackBerry Messenger there is a blue check mark which indicates that your message has been sent, where D indicates that themessage has been delivered and R indicates that you have read the message.

3. To Add a contact to the BlackBerry Messenger Contacts list, just follow the steps:

a. On your BlackBerry smartphone you need to open BlackBerry Messenger.
    b. After that display the menu and then click on Invite a Contact. A Select Address screen will appears, then you need to choose an option.

After that you can add a contact by entering a person's email address, PIN or the Name from your address book by clicking on the contact name. Or, you can add a new contact by selecting scan a person's barcode. Or, add a new contact by selecting an option entering an SMS contact's name or phone number.

4. To rename the contacts
    You need to you need to open BBM and then scroll to the contact's display name than press the menu key and select the Rename Contact option.

5. To Set the Availability Alert
    If you are unable to get through a contact, set an alert. With the help of BBM open you need to scroll to the contact's name and then press the menu key and then select Set Alert.

6. To Get a contact's attention
    To have this function you can use the feature of "Ping" to alert your contacts. From windows of contact's message, you need to press the menu key and then select the Ping Contact which will cause your contacts to vibrate once, indicating your messages awaiting.

7. To Start BBM Conference
    You can have a chat with the multiple contacts at the same time in the Chat Room format. To do this you need to go to the contact's message window and then press the menu key and you need to select Invite, after that select the other contacts which you would like to join for the conversation.

8. To Export conversation History
    From the contact's message window you need to press the menu key and then select the Copy History option. All the history of the conversation is now copied to the Clipboard in plain text. Now you can export it using the email, SMS etc with the help of Paste option.

9. To Add Custom Groups
    You can sort your contacts by using the custom groups like family, co-workers, etc. And with the BBM open, you need to press the menu key and then select Add Group option.

10. By getting these point, i can say that it saves time when you send a PIN (BBM) messages, you don't have to wait for the first message that to be read by the contact before asking your question. Just type everything so that whenever the contacts become available, a user can simply and reply fully to your request.

Important thing you need to remember to use the menu key for sending files like docs, images etc, voice notes, you can also edit your display name, change your availability status and more.

Re: 10 PIN Messaging Tips for New BlackBerry User

Thanks for your great tips for Blackberry pin messaging, i really love to use blackberry messenger on my blackberry smartphone phone. As my most of the friends they have thos mobile and it is really great to have these tips which made more easiar to have chat with my friends and also for the pin messaging. Really thanks for the tips. Hope you fing some more tips related to it.

Re: 10 PIN Messaging Tips for New BlackBerry User

Thanks Halyn for the great tips. I really appreciate that there are some people who find that if they know some tips about the phone, they post their information. Keep it on and if possible then also help us with some more tips realted to blackberry smartphone. Also my friends they have used these tips and they are satisfied with the information.