Thread: Burn ISO image in Windows 7

Burn ISO image in Windows 7

Windows 7 has many enhancements and features. One of them is ISO burner tool which is built in by default. There are two ways you can burn ISO images from your Windows 7 PC :

1] Browse to the location where you have saved some ISO image. Just double click on the ISO Image and the ISO Burner Wizard will start. This is so far the easiest way to burn ISOs with Windows 7.

2] Right click on the Desktop and click New > Shortcut. In the path type : "C:\Windows\System32\isoburn.exe" without quotes. After the Shortcut is created, you can change its icon which suites you.
    Now the second method is for those users, who work mainly on VMWares and install a lot of Operating Systems. ISO images for all linux OS are available on the internet as maximum linux are OpenSource and Free...
    I hope this trick helps you...

Re: Burn ISO image in Windows 7

I did not knew that Windows 7 has an ISO burner inbuilt. So far i was using UltraISO. I think i will try the default ISO burner and if its user friendly [it should be] then i will get rid of UltraISO, if not i will continue UltraISO as i have purchased it... Thanks for the tip, i was about to install Windows 7 later today...

Oh, thats great! Finally microsoft realized what is necessary in an operating system. But what about Mounting ISOs and other disc image? Is it also supported natively like burning the disc? I mean in Windows XP, you could do that with a power toy, but in Vista, this power toy wouldn't work and there was no Vista compatible power toy for mounting disc. Microsoft needs to learn many things if Windows wants to stay on top, else Linux will take the lead in coming years...

Yeah, I agree with Baker, Linux will overtake Windows in no time if Microsoft keeps on neglecting such small necessity of users. Also along with Disc Image Mounting, Disc Image creator should be included. This feature is natively supported by not only linux based OSes, but also by Mac OS. Its time for microsoft to learn and revert back to the users need else, Windows will be the last choice of users in coming years. [If the world doesn't end in 2012].