Thread: Strategies to Back Up Your Data

Strategies to Back Up Your Data

Hello,
    I am working for media agency. Here we deal large amount of data . Almost everything is so important us. we are planing for backup our data. so if anything goes wrong then to we get our data. So i want to know what are the steps or Strategies to take while data back up?? Any suggestion??

Re: Strategies to Back Up Your Data

Backup is essential in today's scenario.After evaluating your needs and your files, you can better decide on a backup strategy, and that the combination of technologies makes sense for you. You'll probably settle on a strategy that includes various devices and services, selected among the USB flash storage, external hard drives, connected to the network and hardware devices online backup.Many now include a backup utility as a matter of course, but if you find this backup utility.Various software, including traditional backup programs such as NovaStor Nova BACKUP Professional, EMC Retrospect Backup and NTI Backup 5 Advanced, find certain types of files on your hard drive and backup these types of files according to your instructions. But it helps to develop an organized structure for files on your hard drive this way, you know exactly where to start when you make a backup routine in the above software, or if you never get a fast backup dirty hand.

Rebit Disk Drive Backup is even easier to use. Simply connect the drive, give permission integrated software to save, and it's ready, protects you permanently in the background. In late January, the player software will get an update that supports the management of backups for up to six computers to one drive (a good setup for backup smaller datasets, but not for Users who have multiple PCs packed with multimedia collections). The company now offers also its easy to use software on CD for use with any external hard drive.
    Memeo AutoBackup Software and NTI Shadow are competing stand-alone applications you can buy for real time backup of files, they can ask for more input from you, however, whether Clickfree (not a real backup time) or Rebit (which is real time, much like the Time Capsule from Apple for Mac OS).

Online Data Backup

Online backup is justified in some circumstances but not others. While Web services (such as secure backup service Webroot) to provide redundant offsite storage that can protect your data against unexpected natural disasters (such as floods, earthquakes or fire). But backup online may not be appropriate if your measurement data in the tens of gigabytes, terabytes, or even (yes, a snap happy photographers and digital gurus dedicated to music, I look at you). Content creators with the needs of high ability may prefer to keep their files on NAS drives and local hard drive (or drives located in secondary sites) rather than pay the costs of the sites on the Internet backup. many offer some free online backup, up to 2 GB (Mozy.com and Fabrik.com, for example). Two concerts can go a long way for basic Word documents and Excel, PDF files and PowerPoint presentations (the light on the media, at least). For your records currently in play, online backup can be both practical (get it anywhere you find Wi-Fi), and economic.

While these are certainly valid solutions for large organisations, at the home office level the problem is one of finding suitable backup media.

I had backup of my files on a USB harddisk. Now when I am trying to recover some of the data I find that this USB mass storage device has also crashed. I now understand (after the event!) that this is a frequent problem with such devices.

With huge harddisks nowadays, even DVD discs are not a good solution.

I have not yet tried tape drives. I do not know what further problems these devices may create.

All in all, life was far simpler without computers!