Thread: Windows Live Communications Platform has stopped working

Windows Live Communications Platform has stopped working

Repair the error message "Windows Live Communications Platform has stopped working".

You have installed Windows Live Messenger 9, and since you can not connect to MSN?

This strong message Windows Live Messenger by displaying the message: "Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close."

1. Close Messenger
    2. First make sure you have no skin or themes on XP or Vista. The Skins are not compatible with Messenger 2009. (Windows Blinds) (Windows Blinds)
    3. Go to C: \ Program Files \ Windows Live \ Contacts \ and right click on the file wlcomm.exe then "Properties."
    4. In the "Compatibility" tab, check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select "Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1).

Attention users of F-Secure firewall:
    The "Remote Access Control" blocks the normal connection of Windows Live Messenger. It is advisable to disable this module, pending an update to that.
    Note that F-Secure comes in the pack of Orange safety.

Attention users of AVG
    The AVG Web Shield can prevent Messenger 9 to connect properly as well. It is advisable to disable it and change firewall until a patch. This software is included in the pack of nine security.

If you use Windows XP WindowsBlinds:
    1. Go to "Settings" then "Change the look of the app" => "Add per application setting".
    2. Click "Browse" and navigate to the folder "C: \ Program Files \ Windows Live \ Contacts" and select "wlcomm.exe.
    3. In the window that opens, in the "Total Exclusion", check "Ignore this application."
    4. Confirm with "OK".
    5. Restart Windows Live Messenger.

Re: Windows Live Communications Platform has stopped working

Recently while working on Windows Live Messenger I faced the following error. I tired some tips listed above but the same came back after some time. See the image below. I had visited the support page of live.com and filled up a form of query for the same. Till the time I am waiting for reply. If there is more information on this please post the same.

Re: Windows Live Communications Platform has stopped working

Try this solution out. This worked for me. Click on Start > All programs. Then look for Windows Blinds and click on it. Then go to settings and click on Per Application. Go to Windows directory:\program files\windows live\contacts. In the folder look for wlcomm.exe. Give the appropriate path and tick on ignore this application. Click on OK. Apply the setting and restart your system once.