Thread: Make the Computer Easier to See

Make the Computer Easier to See

I have installed windows vista on my computer. I need information on desktop cleaning and increasing speed of OS and also want to know what are the changes need to be made in Windows Vista to make it easier to see.

Re: Make the Computer Easier to See

Make your computer easier to see :
    The Ease of Access Center is a central location where you can turn on and set up accessibility settings and programs available in Windows. You can adjust settings that make it easier to see your computer, use the mouse and keyboard, or use other input devices. You can also answer a few questions about your daily computer use that will help Windows recommend accessibility settings and programs for you.

Explore the many ways you can personalize the appearance of Windows Vista computer to make it easier to see. You can increase clarity and legibility on your monitor by changing screen resolution, increasing the size of fonts and icons, High Contrast options, and using Magnifier to enlarge a portion of your screen.

Making simple adjustments and changes to the resolution or windows size of fonts and the colors of the letters and size of font can make your computer a little easier on your eyes. You can change the mouse pointer and turn on other features that can help make it easier to use your mouse on the Make the mouse easier to use page in the Ease of Access Center.You can choose a screen saver image and desktop background scene with colors and designs that you find comfortable and enjoyable.

sad Re: Make the Computer Easier to See

I have Vista on my desktop pc and went to the control panel to make the fonts larger so I could see them easier. The large dpi option did not seem large enough so I tried a custom dpi. It is huge! I am unable to go back and make it smaller because when that window opens and I click the "larger dpi" option to change it back, the window is now so large that I cannot scroll down low enough to click on apply. I am unable to print webpages for the same reason. How can I change this? I contacted HP help center and all they managed to do was make the desktop icons smaller again, which went back to larger icons when I restarted my pc. Please help me! Thank you!

Custom DPI will not provide you selection between 96 or 120 DPI so you may be not able to adjust the Custom DPI back to 100% try for that if not, you can boot from Safe Mode and try to change the DPI from there else try to install some new skin or reinstall video drivers.

star Re: Make the Computer Easier to See

Thank you,Timon! This worked!!!! I have spent over 2 hours using HP online chat twice to try to resolve the problem and neither tech could help me although they both assured me that a restart would take care of the problem after I did all the steps they told me to do. Your very simple advice took care of my issue in a matter of seconds. I really appreciate your expertise and help!

Many Blessings,
    Leslie